Summer isn't officially here, but I feel like it has already made it's way to Texas! Blazing hot days have me craving all of the light dishes I can get my hands on! Fresh salads, fruits, and smoothies are on repeat around our house lately because the thought of turning my oven on just sounds like a bad idea! I love making recipes that I can have on hand to eat on throughout the week that are ready to go in the fridge for easy and healthy lunches! My peach and fennel chicken salad is my new favorite lunch that makes for a great sandwich or lettuce wrap any day of the week!
It's a toss up for me between watermelon and peaches as to which fruit is my favorite summer fruit! I do love peaches when they are super sweet, and the thing that is so great about peaches is that they can be used in all kinds of dishes! I love grilling them, baking with them, tossing them into salads, using them in savory dishes, and of course they are fantastic in desserts also!
I decided to use peaches in this chicken salad because I love when my chicken salad has a little something sweet, lots of textures, and is light and creamy! The peaches add just the right amount of sweetness, while the fennel adds a unique flavor and a much needed crunch! This is a chicken salad that your whole family is going to love, including your picky eaters!
If you love peaches as much as I do, you might also want to check out a few of my other favorite peach recipes!
Make my peach and fennel chicken salad at the beginning of the week, and lunch is done and done!
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, Skin and Bones Removed
- 1 Cup Finely Diced Peach (about 2 peaches)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Diced Fennel (can substitute celery if you prefer)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Diced Onion
- 1/2 Cup Mayonaisse
- 3 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Honey
- Diced the rotisserie chicken and add it to a large bowl along with the peaches, fennel, and onion.
- In a mason jar combine mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, pepper, and honey and put the lid on the jar. Shake well until dressing is well combined. (You can also whisk together ingredients.)
- Pour half of the dressing over the chicken salad and gently toss to combine.
- Add the other half of dressing at this time if needed for consistency or save to slather on bread for chicken salad sandwiches.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 5 days.
You guys are going to love this new take on a chicken salad! Don't forget to pin this recipe to save to make all summer long!