Have you ever had a guava? I had my first one in Costa Rica almost ten years ago and fell in love with their unique flavor, that is hard to describe until you taste one! While we were in Hawaii a couple of weeks go, my love for the fruit reawakened with all of the guava that was readily available to us wherever we went! I knew I needed to find some when we returned home! While it is hard to find the pink variety here in Texas, I was able to find the white flesh variety at my local grocery store! Both are delicious by the way, so I snagged a bag of them! I used them to create my guava caipirinhas, which is a twist on one of my favorite Brazilian cocktails!
A caipirinha is a cocktail made with cachaca rum and is nothing more than lots of fresh lime juice, cachaca, and simple syrup over crushed ice! It's so refreshing and gives a margarita a run for it's money if you ask me! I have a classic version of this recipe that you can find HERE and should definitely try also if you haven't already!
Y'all this is such an easy cocktail to make at home!
The guava's tropical flavor pairs so nicely with the lime juice and the cachaca that you are going to be blown away with how refreshing and delicious this cocktail is! It's the perfect summer drink whether you are on the beach, at the pool, or just trying to beat the heat in your own backyard! I added a little coconut water to my guava version for extra hydration and tropical flavor notes! I whipped up this batch of cocktails last weekend and ended up drinking them all by myself...
That's just how good they are guys, and I can't wait for you to give this drink a try for yourself at home!
- 3 Guavas (pink or white)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice + extra lime wedges for garnish
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Water
- 4 Oz. Cachaca
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- In a small saucepan combine sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat and chill completely. (This can be done in advance and kept in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.)
- Blend together guavas, lime juice, coconut water, and 2 Tbsp. of simple syrup.
- Strain the blended ingredients through a fine mesh strainer, discarding the guava seeds.
- Pour into a cocktail shaker along with two ice cubes and shake until thoroughly chilled.
- Fill two glasses with crushed ice and fill with guava caipirinhas.
- Squeeze fresh lime and serve immediately.
Note: Adjust simple syrup if you like your cocktails sweeter.
Not only are these guava caipirinhas beautiful, but they taste out of this world! Pin this recipe to make over and over again all summer long!