My weekly routine has been out of whack the past couple of weeks. My gym days have been off, my diet has been decent but not great, and the reality is...that's just life sometimes. This week is the first week in a while that I feel like will be back to normal "ish" again and one thing that is going to help me stay on track is meal prepping my lunches! This means that I won't find myself eating junk and I will have a nutritious meal ready to go whenever I get hungry! My healthy curried chickpea salad is just the kind of recipe that is perfect to meal prep at the beginning of the week!
I don't do a whole lot of meal prepping if I am being honest. I prefer to cook my dinners fresh and usually am shooting recipes that become dinner daily so it just works better for me. However, lunches are a whole other story. I actually prefer to have something ready to go in the fridge daily so that in between getting Parks down for a nap, working, and everything else I have to do...I have a lunch ready to go. This prevents me from going too long without a good meal, or having a snack lunch that just never really leaves me satisfied and I end up wanting to eat more throughout the day.
I love making dishes like this chickpea salad because the flavors actually get better each day as they hang out in the fridge together. This salad is full of protein, healthy fats, and is perfect spread onto toast, with crackers, or simply served on a salad so I can switch it up every day! The dressing is a tahini curry and is mixed with a little Greek yogurt to make for one delicious sauce!
(I would even say it would be great to marinate some chicken or fish too!)
If you are like me and need to at least get your lunches prepped to set yourself up for success, then do yourself a favor and make this curried chickpea salad ASAP! It's so delicious!
- 1, 15 oz Can of Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Chopped Boiled Eggs (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onion (about 3 stalks)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Carrot, Grated
Note: Additional add-ins can be added such as red bell pepper, cucumber, or celery.
For the Dressing-
- 2 Tbsp. Tahini
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 1 Tsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Hot Water (more if necessary for consistency)
- 1 Tbsp. Greek Yogurt
- Make dressing by combining tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, curry powder, turmeric, salt, pepper, water, and greek yogurt in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add more hot water if needed for consistency, but dressing should be thick.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, boiled eggs, green onions, cilantro, and bell carrot.
- Toss with dressing and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Garnish with extra green onions and cilantro.
I can't wait for you to try this one out! And here's to hoping we can all stay on track a little better this week starting with a healthy lunch to keep us full and energized throughout the rest of the day!