Frittatas are my go-to breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I can use whatever ingredients I happen to have in the fridge and the process from start to finish is fast and easy! I love omelettes too, but let's be honest, those are soooo much work when you are making them for more than just yourself. Ain't nobody got time for that when you have kiddos to feed, or just hungry people in your life in general right? My new favorite frittata combines the flavors of gorgeous Spring produce with a classic white pizza and the outcome is insanely delicious yet simple at the same time. My white pizza Spring Frittata is the answer to any breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner any day of the week!
I don't know about you, but I seriously dig Spring produce. Asparagus in particular is one of my favorites and just happens to be so delicate and beautiful at this time of year. I got lucky in the fact that Parks loves asparagus too and will usually ask for two servings! So you better believe I serve asparagus at meal time at least once a week! In addition to asparagus, so many other beauties come into season too so it was hard to pick just a few to add into this frittata! I ended up going with three that I thought would pair nicely together and would hold up to the garlicky and cheesy deliciousness that is this frittata!
I mean after all the inspiration for this recipe came from craving a white pizza. You know the ones that are just cheese, garlic, and herbs? Hello yummmm! I have made Mini Pizza Bite Frittatas (by the way these are so perfect for kiddos) before so I thought I would make another version and this time add veggies to make it beautiful, green, and fresh!
This spring frittata would be so perfect and lovely for any Mother's Day brunch, or any brunch for that matter, but is simple enough for any day of the week too!
You are going to love serving this up alongside a simple green salad with some crusty bread and easy as that you have a healthy and delicious meal that your whole family will love!
- 8 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 Onion, Sliced Thinly
- 3 Minced Cloves of Garlic
- 6-8 Thin Asparagus Spears
- 1/2 Zucchini, Sliced into Very Thin Circles
- 1/2 Cup Frozen or Fresh Peas
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 Mini Fresh Mozzarella Balls cut in half (bocconcini)
- Basil for Garnish
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add oil to an oven proof skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic to a skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add eggs and milk to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly until yolks and whites are combined well.
- Stir in half of the parmesan cheese into the egg mixture.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet with the onions and garlic, making sure the onions are spread evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Layer zucchini, peas, and asparagus evenly on top of the eggs and then season again with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the rest of the parmesan cheese over top of the eggs.
- Drop in mozzarella balls evenly throughout the frittata and then place into the oven.
- Bake the frittata for 15-18 minutes until eggs are cooked through.
I can't wait for you to try this Spring Frittata out for yourself! You are going to love this addition to your weekly meal planning!