Anyone else feel like January has been the longest month ever? I can't even pin point what has made it so long, but it just seems like it should be over already! I am 100% ready for a new month and since it has taken me until the end of January to really get back into my healthy routine I guess you could say February is going to be my official start to the new year! I love having healthy food items like granola prepped and ready to go in my pantry because it makes for such a yummy breakfast or snack! My coconut and apricot granola is such a great combination of flavors and textures and is packed full of good stuff for your body to keep you fueled all day!
I started making my own granola a few years ago because I was out of the store bought kind one day and realized I had all of the ingredients to make it from scratch right in my pantry! It's definitely a cheaper alternative and I love that you can customize it to combine all of your favorite flavors! On top of the yummy factor, you can pack it full of good stuff like healthy fats, omega 3's, and you can control the sugar content!
I love to eat it plain with milk, top my yogurt with it, and even take a baggy to go for a healthy snack when I am not at home! It's the perfect addition to any meal prep that you might do for the week and then you will have no excuse not to start your day off right! This recipe has all the best textures especially with the chewy dried apricots mixed in too! The coconut and apricot flavors go so well together here and provide the perfect combination of nutty and fruity!
You will love having a big batch of this granola on hand for any busy morning or afternoon snack attack!
- 2 1/4 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds (or nut of your choice)
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Flax Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Dried Apricots
Note: You can substitute any of your favorite dried fruits here!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine oats, almonds, coconut, chia seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, and salt and stir to combine.
- In another small bowl combine coconut oil, honey, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold together until all is coated.
- Spread evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once after 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to a few weeks.
I can't wait for you all to try your hand at making homemade granola! It's more cost effective and you don't have to worry about any of the not so great ingredients that tend to get stuck in the store bought brands! Can't beat this combination of my coconut and apricot granola!