This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #ShareWineandBites #CollectiveBias
Fall has arrived and the weather will be shifting to slightly cooler temperatures soon (fingers crossed anyway) which means entertaining becomes that much more fun because you can host friends outside without melting! My favorite way to entertain has to be cooking up several small bites and serving them with a couple bottles of my favorite wine! It's laid back, casual, and the best way for everyone to mingle and have a great time. My new favorite wine, The Dreaming Tree Wine brand, pairs perfectly with my rosemary caramelized onion, honeycrisp, and brie flatbread!
I love supporting any company that practices sustainability and that's exactly what The Dreaming Tree does! The brand has a social conscious demonstrated by its commitment to sustainable winemaking practices and is celebrating donating over $1M to environmental programs that protect tree and forestry programs across the country. That is pretty remarkable if you ask me and to top it all off, these wines are high quality California wines that are available at super affordable prices making them accessible to wine lovers everywhere! I picked mine up at my local grocery, but have also purchased this The Dreaming Tree Wines from my local drug stores and supercenters!
My favorite two wines of the moment are Dreaming Tree Crush red wine and the Dreaming Tree Sauvignon Blanc! Both wines are so perfect to accompany this perfect fall appetizer flatbread!! I love having a variety of whites and reds at a get together that way you have a little of something for everyone! There is no better setting if you ask me than a laid back atmosphere with small bites and delicious wine for your guests to mingle over.
This flatbread is the perfect appetizer combining tart apples, creamy brie, and amazing rosemary caramelized onions that really put it over the top! I can guarantee your guests will love this combination of flavors that are seriously so delicious together! You are going to love serving this up at your next fall gathering!
To make my rosemary caramelized onion, honeycrisp, and brie flatbread to pair with either one of these delicious wines, here is what you need to know!
- 1 Store Bought Frozen Pizza Dough, thawed (gluten free or regular)
- 4 Oz. of Brie Cheese, Diced into Cubes
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple, Sliced in rings, seeds removed
- 1 Spring of Fresh Rosemary (about 1 tbsp.)
- 1 Large Onion, Sliced Thinly
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add 1 tbsp. olive oil and sliced onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, add rosemary sprig, and sauté until the onions start to get golden, about 15-20 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes or so allowing the onions to get color on them until they are deep golden brown. Remove rosemary stem and discard.
- Meanwhile sprinkle a clean surface with flour and roll our your pizza dough into a 1/8" thick oval or square shaped flatbread.
- Brush the crust with the remaining olive oil in a thin and even layer.
- Top with onions, sliced apples, and brie and the then give it a final seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Whether or not true fall weather has hit your area yet, use the season change as the perfect inspiration to host a little friends gathering to slow down, eat some yummy food, and drink some tasty wine! Cheers friends!