This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
It's September which means that fall is approaching quickly and football season is upon us! I headed to my local Walmart to grab ingredients for one of my favorite recipes to make when while we host friends for the big game! There is nothing better than a big bowl of soup on the stove filling the house with a delicious aroma while football is on in the background if you ask me! My salsa verde white chicken chili is going to be your new favorite game day recipe guaranteed because it's easy and a real crowd pleaser!
This white chicken chili is not your ordinary recipe because I used 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde to add a major flavor bomb in this soup! I love using Pace® to add extra flavor to just about anything, except maybe ice cream that is! In our house we love any Southwestern flavors and Pace® always add just the right amount of heat to any dish I'm serving up! Whether I top my eggs with it or add Pace® to a recipe to spice it up, I am always pleased with how tasty it makes the dish! I love that Pace® is all about banning the bland, because who want to eat bland food? Not me!
Whether you like it spicy or mild, Pace® has an option for you and to me it's the perfect condiment to spice up any dish on game day! In particular I am currently loving the Pace® Salsa Verde and I can't even describe to you how delicious it makes this white chicken chili! There is so much flavor packed into every jar!
Make this soup before your guests arrive and you can relax and be a part of the game day party knowing that the food is going to be a hit!
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded and meat removed from bones and skin
- 6 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 4 Cans of Drained and Rinsed White Beans
- 1 Finely Diced Onion
- 1 Diced Poblano Pepper, stem removed
- 3/4 Cup Pace® Salsa Verde
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Mexican Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt + 1/2 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper +1/4 Tsp.
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Cojita Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 4 Diced Green Onions
- 1 Thinly Sliced Jalepeno (optional)
- Tortilla Chips for Topping
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- Heat avocado oil over medium heat in a large pan and the add onion and garlic.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and sauté for two to three minutes.
- Add oregano, cumin, and Pace® Salsa Verde to the pot and cook the spices for another two minutes.
- Add the drained beans to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add in the stock at this time and season with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes and then add in shredded chicken.
- Stir to combine and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately and top with cojita cheese, cilantro, green onions, jalepeno, and tortilla chips along with an extra dollop of Pace® Salsa Verde.
Want to spice up your next game day? Shop these delicious products now by clicking on the photo below!
Head to Walmart and stock up on a few jars of Pace® Salsa Verde or any other delicious variety before the next game day and you will be so glad you did!