This week has felt like the first normalish week since the hurricane. I feel like my brain is finally starting to function properly again and I am feeling inspired in the kitchen after a couple weeks of feeling slightly overwhelmed with everything going on in my community, including my book release! Which by the way, First Bites was the #1 New Release in Baby Food Cooking on Amazon last week! Say whatttt?? So to celebrate I decided to make a batch of my easy white cheddar broccoli waffles which will most definitely have your kiddos eating broccoli without hesitation!
First let me say that I can't even thank y'all enough for the love and support you have shown me since my book released and it has made my heart so happy seeing you make my recipes and your kiddos gobbling them up! While these waffles are not in the cookbook, they definitely could have made the cut because they are just that good!
This is a recipe the whole family will love and I know because I ate two right after I shot these images. (And I had already eaten lunch...oops.) These waffles are made with whole wheat flour and get a boost from nutritional yeast that just gives them an even cheesier flavor but with some added vitamins! To top it all off, there is a garlicky, dilly, yogurt sauce that you drizzle on top for a serious flavor explosion and I just couldn't stop eating them! To stop myself, I bagged them up and put them in the freezer for an easy grab addition to any meal!
I love serving these waffles with breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Fry an egg to throw on top, serve them alongside a bowl of soup, or make a sandwich out of them...so many options here guys! However you serve them up, I can guarantee that they are going to be your family's new favorite waffle and I can't wait for you to try them out!
- 2 Cups of Broccoli
- 1 Cup Grated White Cheddar Cheese (Could sub regular cheddar also or your favorite!)
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Milk (could sub an unsweetened and flavored, non-dairy milk here)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Dill
- 1 Small Garlic Clove, Finely Minced
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
- Heat waffle iron.
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces and pulse in a food processor until rice like consistency.
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, and nutritional yeast an stir to combine.
- Add in olive oil, milk, and eggs and fold together with the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add the broccoli batter to the waffle iron and cook until crisp on the outside.
- While the waffles are cooking, add yogurt, lemon juice, dill, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- This recipe makes 8-10 waffles depending on your waffle iron.
Do yourself a favor and make these asap! But for real, this is seriously one of my new favorite recipes! Happy #wafflewednesday friends!
P.S. Order your copy of First Bites today! (It's also available in most bookstores!)