It's almost been a week since my new book, First Bites, has released! I can't begin to tell you how much it warmed my heart to hear your reactions to the recipes that you made in your own kitchens and that your kiddos (and you) are already loving them! While the past two weeks have been full of devastation for a large portion of my community, this book release was a bright spot in the midst everything else going on around me. I feel like I didn't get the chance to talk to you about the book before it got released as much as I wanted because we were preparing for Hurricane Harvey and what would end up being a catastrophic flood. I decided to make up for it this week by sharing one of the most popular recipes in the book, and one of our favorites around at our house! My mini zucchini muffins are perfect for the whole family to enjoy, especially tiny hands, and are made with only good for you ingredients!
I make a batch of these to keep on hand at all times! They freeze beautifully making it easy to have a healthy addition to breakfast or after school snack without any effort! And even though these are technically a baby and toddler snack, I'd be lying to you if I said I don't eat just as many as Parks does! Spread a little almond butter on top of each one and they make for one delicious afternoon pick me up for any mama or papa!
These muffins are perfect for babes learning to feed themselves as well as your older kiddos too!
The best part about these muffins is that even though they are healthy, they are still...dare I say, moist...delicious...and completely satisfying! I can't wait for you guys to try them out! If you don't already have the book, now is the time to order! Get your copy of First Bites on Amazon or at any major bookstore now!
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Grated Zucchini
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your mini muffin tray with paper liners.
- Combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl combine grated zucchini, mashed banana, oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and egg, and whisk until well incorporated.
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until mixed through.
- Place a spoonful of batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until muffins are cooked though.
- Let cool and serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
I know that you and your family will love this recipe as much as we do and I hope that you will order a copy of First Bites if you haven't already! Xo