It's almost the weekend! I can taste it, can you? We are headed to Louisiana for the weekend to hang with friends and family and feast ourselves on my father-in-law's famous crawfish. To say I'm excited about his crawfish would be an understatement...I literally eat more than every grown man at the table! There are a few things in this life that I will change my plans for and one of those is a crawfish boil...the other happens to be champagne. Just mention the word and I am there! One of my favorite activities on the weekend is brunch and I think half of that is the fact that I can drink mimosas before noon and it is 100% acceptable. And what's even better than that is a mimosa turned into a popsicle! My mimosa pops swimming in even more champagne are the perfect addition to your at-home brunch plans this weekend!
I first had a taste of a mimosa popsicle in Round Top, Texas a few years ago. It was about 100 degrees and that popsicle was one of the best things I've ever tasted. I don't know why I have waited so long to make my own at home, but I finally got smart and made my own version.
You, of course can eat these pops on their own, but my favorite thing to do is add them to a glass of champagne for a double whammy delicious cocktail. These would be completely adorable for any shower, brunch party, and of course are great to have in your freezer when you just need a little treat. Whatever the occasion, you definitely need to make these mimosa popsicles soon!
- 2 Cups of Orange Juice
- 1 Cup of Dry Champagne or Prosecco
- Mix together orange juice and champagne and then pour into popsicle molds.
- Let the popsicles freeze for 45 minutes to an hour until the popsicles begin to freeze slightly.
- Place popsicle sticks inside at this point so that they will stand up. (if you are using the molds that have handles already, you can put them on immediately.)
- Let freeze overnight and serve whenever the mood hits in a glass of chilled champagne.
Cheers to the weekend friends! I hope it is filled with lots of champagne and love! Xo