Alright guys we are less than a week away from Thanksgiving and I am guessing that you have nailed down your basics for the big day but are still trying to figure out the rest, am I right? Well don't worry, because I have your back and am going to hook you up with all of my turkey day favorites! These dishes always make an appearance at our table and I know that you are going to love them too! I'll cover the main dish, sides, and desserts, and even a special cocktail that will have your friends and family more than impressed with your spread! My Thanksgiving recipe round up is here to make your life just a little bit easier!
I've got the recipes, tips for preparing for the big day, and am here for any questions you guys might have about it! Get that menu finalized and relax a little this weekend before all of your company comes into town!
Now that you know what you are making, let's talk about how you are getting it all on the table! I always like to prep anything I can in advance so that my day less hectic!
Here are my tips to stay ahead of the game and get some items checked off the list before Thanksgiving even happens!
- Make the sweet potato casserole the day before and wait to bake it until the day of, no one will ever know.
- Secondly get that turkey seasoned and brined and ready to pop in the oven the day of so there is less mess.
- Make any desserts the day before because they will for sure be just as good as if you made them the day of and plus you need that oven space!
- Stuffing is another great one to go ahead and make ahead of time and then pop into the oven the day of, unless you want to use the turkey juices that form while your turkey cooks, and then I suggest at least chopping all of your veggies in advance which is a huge timesaver.
- Prep your cocktail ingredients and that way the day of you are simply assembling! (i.e. make your simple syrup, cut the plums etc.) Everything will keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve them up!
Eliminating a few of the to-do's for the big day will make a huge difference in your stress level for the day of! After all, you want to be able to enjoy friends and family too and not be stuck sweating in the kitchen...because we have all been there, and it's not fun! I hope that this round up gives you a good head start on being prepared next week and I can't wait to see what recipes you recreate! Remember to tag me on Instagram so that I can pretend we are all eating at the same table! If you have any additional concerns or questions, hit me up in the comment section below and we can work them out together so you feel extra prepared next week! I'm totally here for you!