It's official we are in countdown mode until Thanksgiving and I am planning the last of my menu as we speak! Of course there will be turkey, sweet potatoes, and other indulgent foods so I always like to balance those dishes out with a few lighter sides as well! I'm all about a little balance at the table so I can feel good about indulging on a few of my favorites! My apple, kale, and pomegranate salad with apple cider vinaigrette is the perfect salad to add to your Thanksgiving menu this year and everyone will love it!
When I say that everyone is going to love this salad, I am legit telling you the truth. My two year old inhaled this kale salad and asked for more..like is this real life? But, he really did love it! And yes I am as shocked as you, because while he is a pretty good eater, he has never been one for raw greens! I'm convinced it's the apple cider vinaigrette that makes this salad agreeable for even the pickiest of eaters! It gives this salad a little sweetness and breaks down the kale leaves just enough to make it...well, even toddler friendly! Not to mention this salad is an absolute stunner and looks so perfectly holiday!
Add a little green to your table this year and make this delicious salad and see for yourself just how tasty it really is! And if you are looking for another green addition to your table, try out another one of my favorite salads, my brussel sprout, apple, and fennel salad!
- 1 Bunch of Washed and de-stemmed Kale Leaves (any variety will do)
- 1 Apple (I like a tart apple here)
- 1 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/4 Cup VERY thinly sliced red onion or shallot
- 1 Cup of Toasted Pecans
For the Apple Cider Vinaigrette-
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- Make the vinaigrette by combine all ingredients into a bowl and whisking vigorously until emulsified. Set aside.
- Julienne the kale by slicing into thin shreds.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette and massage into the kale leaves to soften them slightly for at least thirty minutes before you want to serve the salad.
- Slice the apple into matchsticks and sprinkle on top of the salad along with the sliced onion, pecans, and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with more vinaigrette right before serving.
Note: This salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This salad is so beautiful and will be the perfect addition to any holiday table, guaranteed!