This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplyAvocado #CollectiveBias
With the holidays in full swing that means family and friends will filling up your guest rooms and there will be more than the usual mouths to feed! To me, besides the main course at dinner, breakfast is the next most important meal to prepare for all of your loved ones! It sets the tone for the rest of the day and keeps everyone's bellies full and happy until it's time for the next meal to roll around. With all of the hustle, bustle, and added chaos to your household, any breakfast that is easy to whip up is a winner in my book! My salsa verde egg, sausage, and potato breakfast enchiladas are so delicious and can feed all of your friends and family with no problem!
I love breakfast so much and what I'm an even bigger fan of is avocados with my breakfast! Sometimes I don't have one on hand or finding and avocado that is just the perfect ripeness can be hard! That's why I love WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™ for the convenience of fresh avocado without all of the fuss! It is the perfect topping to go with my breakfast enchiladas! WHOLLY® Avocado’s SIMPLY AVOCADO™ is a pure, wholesome avocado dip and spread with minimal flavor enhancing ingredients which makes it the ultimate dip to keep in my fridge at all times, especially during the holidays!
I grabbed my SIMPLY AVOCADO™ at my local Walmart and picked up both flavors of Sea Salt, which is simple and delicious, and also the Garlic Herb flavor that has just the perfect amount of extra flavoring!
- 10 Corn or Flour Tortillas
- 1 Lb. Turkey Breakfast Sausage (or your favorite sausage)
- 8 Eggs, beaten well
- 1 Russet Potato, diced small
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Cups of Salsa Verde
- 3 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Container of SIMPLY AVOCADO™ Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro
- 4 Sliced Green Onions
- In a large skillet heat avocado oil over medium high heat and then add the diced potatoes and season with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and chili powder. Spread the potatoes into an even layer and let cook for about five minutes before stirring and then another five minutes on the other side. Place a lid on top of the skillet to steam the potatoes slightly, stirring occasionally until potatoes are just tender. This entire process should take about 15 minutes.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet until cooked through and then set aside.
- In the same skillet, scramble eggs until they are at a soft scramble seasoning with the remaining salt and pepper and then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place about 1/2 cup of salsa verde on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Fill tortillas with a layer of cheese, egg, potato, and sausage and then sprinkle with more cheese before closing the tortilla and placing it face down in the baking dish. Continue this process until all of the tortillas have been filled and the baking dish is full.
- Pour the rest of the salsa verde over top of the enchiladas in an even layer covering completely.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top of the covered enchiladas and place into the oven for 20-25 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions and serve with large dollops of SIMPLY AVOCADO™ Sea Salt flavor and serve immediately.
Don't walk...run to your local Walmart and grab yourself your favorite flavor of WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™ now! You will absolutely love having this delicious dip on hand for the rest of the holiday season!