They say summer is officially over after Labor Day, but the 100 degree heat is making me a little confused about it all. Everyone (and by everyone, I mean people on social media) is all "oh the crisp mornings" or "broke out my boots today" and I'm all like "I still have boob sweat from walking into the grocery store." Sorry...was that a little TMI? But for real, I'm feeling like summer is still in full swing in Texas and so I'm holding on a little longer to things like fresh corn on the cob which happens to pair perfectly with shishito peppers, so if you haven't tried them, here's your chance! My easy corn and shishito pepper pizza is maybe the easiest pizza you are ever going to make and it just so happens to be delicious too!
I know I probably throw the word easy around on here a lot, but I do consider my recipes to be easy for the most part. I promise you though, this pizza is stupid easy. The crust is made from three ingredients and requires no yeast or rise time (hallelujah). This is the kind of pizza you make during the week after a crazy day because it's comforting and you can do it with a baby pulling on your leg.
The charred shishito peppers combined with sweet corn and salty cojita cheese make for a dynamite combo to accompany a delicious and crispy thin crust! I would even dare to call this pizza...healthy. There I said it, so no excuses, you have to make it now.
For the Crust-
- 1 1/4 Cups of Self Rising Flour + 1/4 cup for rolling out the dough
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup of Greek Yogurt
For the Toppings-
- 1 Cup of Shishito Peppers
- 1 Ear of Corn, Kernels Removed
- 1/2 Cup Cojita Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup of Diced Green Onions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine flour with Greek yogurt and salt and stir until dough just comes together. (It is a bit sticky)
- Flour a large and clean surface and turn dough out onto the surface.
- Flour hands well and knead the dough until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flour a rolling pin well and roll the dough out until you have a 12" circle or the dough is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Transfer the dough to a pizza pan.
- Brush olive oil lightly over top of the dough, making sure to get the edges good.
- Sprinkle the crust with salt and pepper.
- Layer corn and cojita cheese followed by the whole shishito peppers.
- Bake the pizza for 11-13 minutes until the crust is golden brown and peppers are charred.
- Top with green onions and serve immediately.
I can't think of a better way to go into the weekend than with a yummy pizza and sharing it with someone who makes you happy! Let me know what you think!