We go through eggs like crazy at our house. Six out of the seven mornings in the week you will find eggs on all of our plates, Parks included. Scrambled, fried, poached, boiled, in omelette form, I love them any way I can get them! I am always trying to find new ways to cook them to switch things up, however this idea came from my hubby who happened to sprinkle a little taco seasoning on his boiled egg and couldn't get over how good it was. My easy breakfast taco egg scramble is going to be your new favorite eggcellent breakfast. (See what I did there...)
Although I cook breakfast every day, I only have about a total of ten minutes to get it all on the plate before Parks has gotten into something or is demanding his breakfast before it's ready. So easy is the name of the game on most mornings unless daddy is here to entertain our wild man. This egg scramble is so full of flavor and is so completely satisfying in my book.
These eggs are just the right amount of spicy and cheesy topped with fresh cilantro, green onions, and salsa, I mean...you just can't beat it. And hey, if you want to char up a few tortillas to help scoop up the perfectly soft scrambled eggs then so be it, all the more delicious if you ask me.
Bottom line is, you should definitely hop on this taco egg scramble train and see just how tasty they really are!
- 6 Eggs (Serves 2-3 People)
- 1 Tsp. Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Cheddar or Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
For Topping Options-
- Fresh Cilantro
- Green Onion
- Beat together 6 eggs until yolks and whites have combined.
- Season the eggs with taco seasoning and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Add eggs to the melted butter and begin stirring.
- Continue to stir the eggs until they are just cooked through, careful not to over cook them.
- Sprinkle in cheese and fold in until melted.
- Season with salt at this time.
- Serve eggs immediately and top with cilantro, green onions, salsa, and avocado with tortillas on the side if you choose.
I know that this is the simplest recipe, but I'm telling you it's sooooo good! Everybody deserves to have a good breakfast to start the day and with this recipe, you have no excuse not to start your day out right!