I am stuck somewhere in the middle of needing fall to be here yesterday and not wanting to let go of summer and all of it's produce. Don't get me wrong I am beyond ready to feel the weather shift because this 95 degree business isn't cutting it for me! But, I also hate to say goodbye to long days, my favorite produce, and sun-kissed skin. To help get my mind in fall mode, I created a spiced pear bourbon old fashioned cocktail in partnership with Drizly.com, a website where you can have your favorite alcohol delivered right to your front door!
I don't know about you, but this concept is super exciting to me! When Drizly approached me about creating a cocktail, it was a no brainer. The idea of not having to leave my house when I need a certain ingredient for a cocktail is genius! You should definitely check their site out!
Bourbon to me is the quintessential fall liquor and when the weather starts to shift, so does what I drink. My spiced pear bourbon old fashioned is everything I love about fall and is a fun take on a class bourbon drink. With warm spices and a hint of pear running through the infused bourbon, you will want to sip on this cocktail all season long! Cheers!
1 Cup of Bourbon (Buy it Here)
1 Pear, Peeled and Diced
1 Cinnamon Stick
1/8 Tsp. Nutmeg
2 Whole Cloves
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
Splash of Water
- In a mason jar, combine bourbon, diced pear, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, cloves, and brown sugar.
- Shake well and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve the cocktail, place two large ice cubes into a glass.
- Strain the bourbon through a fine mesh strainer.
- Twist an orange peel over the glass and rub around the rim.
- Pour the strained spiced pear bourbon into the glass and stir twice. (However much you fancy here.)
- Serve immediately and garnish with extra pear, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and an orange peel.
Make sure to head over to Drizly.com for a new way to stock your liquor cabinet!
This post was sponsored by Drizly, but all opinions are my own.