Guess what came in the mail this week? A copy of MY cookbook, that's what! I am pinching myself y'all! I mean I knew it was coming out ya know, but to actually have a copy in hand makes it so real and super exciting! I cannot wait for you guys to get your hands on a copy and to hear what you think about all of the recipes! Only another month and it will be officially released, but you can pre-order it here! Needless to say, I couldn't go to sleep last night because my brain was too happy! I'm feeling like I need extra coffee today and am thankful for easy dinners like my one pan roasted chicken sausage and veggies for days like today!
I can't imagine an easier dinner than this dish! You literally throw it all on a pan, season it, and pop it in the oven and forget about it! Forty-five minutes later...poof dinner is ready and your house smells amazing. You can also totally make it your own and tweak it based upon what you have in your fridge. It's the perfect recipe to use up any veggies you have lingering in your crisper drawer that are on the verge on being thrown out!
I used chicken sausage in this recipe for a little bit healthier option, but you can use whatever sausage you love here! It's rustic, healthy, and will feed your entire family on a budget! I'm telling you that you need this in your life this week...and maybe every week!
- 2 Lbs. Chicken Sausage (I used a spinach and feta chicken sausage)
- 1 Onion, Sliced in Thick Rings
- 8 Garlic Cloves, Peeled and Smashed
- 2 Zucchini, Washed and Sliced in 1" Pieces
- 2 Squash, Washed and Sliced in 1" Pieces
- 1 Red Pepper, Sliced and Seeds Removed
- 6 Baby Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes, Cut into Wedges
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh or Dried Thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Toss all veggies with thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread evenly onto the baking sheet.
- Nestle the sausages in the veggies and make sure they get a little of the olive oil and seasoning on top of the sausages so that they will brown nicely.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for for 40-50 minutes until sausages are cooked through and veggies are caramelized.
- Serve immediately.
What I love most about this dish is it's so easy to swap ingredients for whatever you have on hand or in season! Pretty easy right?
P.S. Don't forget to pre-order my cookbook, The Unexpected Cajun Kitchen today!