During the week I love making dips that I can serve with lots of veggies for healthy snack options in a hurry. One of my favorite dips to have on hand is hummus. It's full of protein and pairs perfectly with a plate full of veggies that my toddler will eat right up! I love switching up my basic hummus recipe from time to time and like to add fun spices and flavors. My everything bagel hummus just might be my new favorite hummus of all time!
Warning: This hummus is addicting!! (Like I was eating it by the spoonfuls addicting!) If you have't caught on to the phenomenon of The Everything Bagel Spice by now, it's all the rage for topping avocado toast, eggs, and more! Well I have to say adding it to my hummus was a game changer, and might be my favorite way to use the spice yet!
This hummus is creamy, full of flavor, and so perfect for snacking, dipping, and spreading on sandwiches too! If you have never made your own hummus at home, now is the time! It's so simple to make and always tastes so much better than the store bought kinds! I love getting to control the oil content and ingredients, keeping the hummus extra healthy! Make a batch of this hummus to keep in your fridge all week long for snacking and more and I promise you won't regret it!
This recipe for my everything bagel hummus is 100% kid-friendly too and makes a great addition to any lunch box or after school snack!
- 1, 15 oz. Can of Chickpeas, drained
- 1 Tbsp. Tahini Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Everything Bagel Seasoning (You can find this at Trader Joe's, make your own spice blend, or can order on Amazon)
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt if Needed
To make your own spice mix: Mix 3 tbsp. poppy seeds, 3 tbsp. sesame seeds, 2 tbsp. dried onion, 2 tbsp. dried garlic, and 2 tbsp. salt together.
- Add chickpeas, tahini paste, lemon juice, everything bagel seasoning, pepper, and olive oil to a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- If needed, add a little warm water for consistency.
- Taste test and add salt if needed.
- Will store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
I'm not kidding with you all when I say this hummus is so delicious! Don't forget to pin this recipe to save for later or just go ahead and make it now!