In case you were wondering, I am still here! Sorry for the radio silence, but I took some time off because my hubby and I were in Hawaii celebrating our ten year anniversary! I decided to put work to the side and just focus on the two of us, and it was so nice! And now that we are back, I cannot believe that it is already June! (The year is passing so quickly already, right?) That means summer is just around the corner and backyard BBQ's are in full effect! My avocado crema slaw is the perfect side dish to make all summer long!
I love a good slaw and find it's the perfect side dish to bring to any sort of potluck or BBQ that you might have! You can make it in advance and the flavors just continue to get better and better! My recipe for avocado crema slaw is not only delicious with any BBQ main dishes, but would be fabulous paired with fish tacos too! The options are endless as to what you can make this easy side dish to go with!
The avocado crema makes for a creamy, yet light dressing that contrasts the crunchy slaw perfectly! This slaw is made up of simple ingredients, packing big flavor and the colors are so beautiful too! It's easy to add or omit any extra veggies that you might have on hand to customize this slaw to your liking!
Swap your traditional slaw recipe for my avocado crema slaw instead and I guarantee you will love the new take on a summer favorite!
- 2 Cups of Finely Sliced Purple Cabbage
- 1 Thinly Sliced Red Pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 3 Diced Green Onions
- 1 Thinly Sliced Jalepeno
- 1 Sliced or Diced Ripe Avocado
For the Crema-
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- Add cabbage, red pepper, carrots, cilantro, green onions, and jalepeno in a large bowl.
- In a food processor or blender combine one avocado, greek yogurt, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth and creamy. (If you don't have a food processor feel free to whisk by hand, simply mash avocado before hand!)
- Toss vegetables in the avocado crema until just combined and let refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving, but up to overnight.
- Taste test, and add more salt and pepper if needed!
- Garnish with avocado slices an more fresh cilantro if desired.
Seriously this slaw is so gorgeous and delicious! I can't wait for you to try this recipe out for yourself!