If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times, weeknight meals have to be quick and easy at my house! No one has time for a dinner that takes more than thirty minutes on any given weeknight with everything else going on throughout the day! I love a meal that even when I am exhausted doesn't take too much effort and tastes delicious too! Fried rice has always been one of my favorite meals to whip up on a busy day, and until now I have never really been a fan of cauliflower rice! BUT my Easy Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice changed my mind and I have a feeling if you have been hesitant to get on the cauliflower bandwagon, it will change your mind too!
No, seriously...I have always been like there is now way I am giving up my carbs for cauliflower, even though I actually do love cauliflower as a vegetable itself, until I made this pork fried rice last week! I actually shocked myself and how much I didn't miss the rice, and even my hubby who grew up Cajun, with rice as a staple in his diet agreed! I also watched my toddler inhale a bowl full of veggies and right then, I knew this recipe was a winner! It is super satisfying too because it's high protein and has a ton of flavor!
I love using ground pork in mine, but you can swap whatever ground meat you have on hand (turkey and chicken would be fantastic too) and you even make it vegetarian by subbing tofu or even just mushrooms! Besides that, you can use up all of those veggies hanging out in your fridge and turn them into a flavor loaded dinner that your whole family will gobble up! I love a recipe where I can switch it up depending on the week and what I have available in my pantry and refrigerator! It just makes my life so much easier, and of course I love making your life easier too!
I made this dish on Instagram live yesterday, and if you haven't tuned in yet, I do these easy weeknight meals every week on Wednesdays around 2pm Central time and I'd love for you to join me!
This recipe is going to convert you to be a believer in the whole cauliflower rice movement let me tell you! And if you already are all about cauliflower rice, then you might enjoy my Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice or Herbed Cauli Rice for a delicious low carb side!
- 1 Lb. Ground Pork
- 1 Bag Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Fresh Ginger
- 4 Finely Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Finely Diced Onion
- 3 Carrots, Grated or Chopped Small
- 1 Zucchini, Grated or Chopped Small
- 1 Cup Finely Sliced Purple Cabbage
- 1 Cup of Peas
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos + 1 Tsp. (plus extra if needed for taste)
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Oyster Sauce (optional)
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Finely Sliced Green Onions
- Chili Sauce like Sriracha
- Heat 1 Tsp. sesame oil in a large wok or skillet and add ground pork.
- Cook the pork until browned slightly and then remove onto a paper towel lined plate.
- In the same pan, add onion, ginger, garlic, carrots, zucchini, and cabbage along with half of the soy sauce and sauté until vegetables start to become tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the browned pork back into the pan at this time and add the rest of the soy sauce along with the oyster sauce and 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil and stir to combine flavors.
- Add in frozen cauliflower rice at this time and stir until heated through.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl with 1 tsp. of soy sauce and then make room in your wok to scramble the eggs.
- Add the eggs to the pan and continue to stir until cooked though and scrambled and then fold into the pork fried cauliflower rice mixture.
- Add peas in at this time and heat through.
- Taste the rice and see if you need to add more soy sauce and do so if desired.
- Top with green onions, cilantro, and chili sauce and serve immediately!