April has been an odd month for me, not in a bad way, just really busy! I was out of town, my mom came in town, and now tomorrow I go back out of town again! And now tomorrow, I am headed to Los Angeles for my first ever blogging conference and I couldn't be more excited! I cannot wait to connect with my fellow peers and I know I am going to learn so much! If you saw my Instagram, then you already know my office space got a revamp, so I am super pumped about going to this conference and coming back super inspired and ready to work! And the reason I am telling you all about my travels this week is because when schedules get busy, dinner needs to be simple and if it can be healthy to, even better! My simple pork and spinach miso ramen is to the rescue!
Not only is this soup delicious, but it's also so good for you, and not to mention my husband has requested that I make this once a week from now until...I guess until he gets tired of it...if he ever does! The broth is so flavorful and the pork really is the perfect protein in my opinion to use here! Lots of fresh ginger, garlic, onion, and star anise give this soup such amazing flavor and then to top it all off the miso paste layers in an umami flavor that really takes it to the next level!
This is the perfect dish to make ahead and if you keep your noodles separate, you can eat on it all week long! Simply keep some cooked noodles in the fridge and drop them in when you are ready to eat it again!
Y'allllll I can't wait for you to try this recipe out, you are going to flip at how delicious making homemade ramen at home can be! If this kind of dinner is right up your alley, then you might also like my Homemade Chicken Pho recipe that is equally as delicious and good for you!
Do yourself a favor a make my simple pork and spinach miso ramen this week!
- 1 Lb. Ground Pork
- 1 Tbsp. Grated Ginger
- 3 Finely Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Thinly Sliced Onion
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 3 Star Anise Pods
- 4 Tbsp. Red Miso Paste
- 8 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 4 Cups of Baby Spinach
- Cilantro for topping
- Green Onions for Topping
- Chili Sauce for Topping (optional if you don't want it spicy)
- Ramen Noodles
- Soft Boiled Eggs (optional)
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add ground pork and season with 1/2 of the salt and pepper, breaking the meat up as you go.
- When the meat is almost brown add garlic, ginger, and onion and continue to sauté until meat has browned and onion is translucent.
- Season with the rest of the salt and pepper, star anise pods, and miso paste and stir to combine spices.
- Add chicken stock, stir until miso paste is fully incorporated, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, cook your noodles, drain, and set aside.
- Boil eggs for 6 minutes leaving the egg yolk soft inside if desired or cook them through for a non-runny yolk, about 10 minutes.
- Add in spinach 5 minutes before serving soup so that it just wilts.
- When ready to serve ramen, add noodles to a bowl and then fill with soup.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onions, and chili sauce.
Is it weird to want a bowl of this for breakfast? Because I could totally go for one right now!