Last night we went to the Houston Rodeo and after almost three years of living here, can officially call ourselves Texans! We ate turkey legs, sausages and peppers, drank some really cold beer, saw livestock, the rodeo, and finished the night off with a little live music and The Zac Brown Band. I don't think we have ever had a Monday date night, but it sure was fun to get out for the night and go experience a quintessential Texas tradition! I am a little slow moving this morning as I get going, and I am going to be all about seriously quick and simple eats today! My easy lox and herbed cream cheese naan pizzas are just the thing that I want to eat on a morning like this!
I love keeping the herbed cream cheese made up in the fridge so that I can spread it on all sorts of things including sandwiches, these naan pizzas, and so much more! It's so yummy and flavorful that it takes an ordinary sandwich or wrap and turns it into something special! This recipe is a take on the classic bagel and lox that I love so much and I'm sure you do too! It's a great way to get the same fix at home, especially if you don't have a good bagel shop near by!
I buy store bought naan bread, char it, and then spread the cream cheese when it is still warm and crispy, then top with delicious smoked salmon, crisp cucumbers, and fresh dill! It's the best recipe to make for any brunch or breakfast, while staying simple enough to make any day of the week! These pizzas would be perfect for any Easter brunch addition or would be fabulous for a baby or wedding shower too!
I love this classic combination of flavors and they are so beautiful too! I can't wait for you to give this recipe a try the next time you are looking for an easy breakfast or brunch idea! (I have also been known to whip these up for a quick and easy lunch too!)
Whatever time of day you decide to make them, I know that you are going to love these pizzas as much as I do!
- 4 Naan Breads
- 1, 8 0z. Package of Cream Cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Dill + More for topping
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Finely Minced Garlic Clove
- 1 Green Onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lox (smoked salmon)
- Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- Thinly Sliced Cucumber
- To make herbed cream cheese, combine room temperature cream cheese, dill, lemon juice, garlic, green onion, and salt and pepper into a food processor and blend until well combined. (Alternatively chop dill and green onions as finely as possible and mix by hand.)
- Toast the naan bread by placing it directly onto a gas burner or on the grill to char on both sides. You can also toast in the oven until slightly crisp.
- Spread a good amount of cream cheese mixture over bread, then top with cucumbers, lox, and red onion.
- Sprinkle with more fresh dill and more cracked pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately.
The next time your bagel craving hits and you can't make it to the bagel shop, give my easy lox and herbed cream cheese naan pizzas a try instead! You will love them!