This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil. All opinions are mine alone. #SimpleSwap #CollectiveBias
Living a nutritious conscious lifestyle is something that I strive to achieve with my family, which starts with what I am putting in my body and what I am feeding my family. I am always looking for ways that I can make my favorite recipes lighter by swapping out simple ingredients that make a big difference in the long run. A recent study has found that adding Mazola® Corn Oil to one’s diet resulted in lower cholesterol levels than coconut oil. A previous study found that corn oil can also help lower cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil.
These sheet pan beef fajitas are so delicious and are a guilt-free alternative instead of going to your favorite Mexican restaurant! I love making better-for-you versions of my favorites at home so I can swap out ingredients to increase the nutrients! Mazola® Corn Oil is an all-purpose cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy choice for your family. Variety of uses include baking, grilling, sautéing, stir frying, or mixing up in a marinade or dressing. It has a neutral taste that won’t negatively impact the taste of ingredients, so it lets the natural flavor of your food stand out.
Not only did I swap the usual butter for Mazola Corn Oil, but I like to ditch the sour cream and use Greek Yogurt instead, serve them up in whole wheat tortillas, and I add extra vegetables to my sheet pan so I don't have to use as much meat! What I love about Mazola is that it has a smoke point higher than most cooking oils at 450°F and performs well in a variety of cooking applications, including stir-frying, sautéing, grilling and even baking. Many home cooks may not realize that all cooking oils have a smoke point that, once exceeded, not only negatively affect the food’s flavor and nutritional value. (And no one wants that to happen right?)
This meal is great for any night of the week, but also makes for easy entertaining too! You can feel good about what you are feeding your family by utilizing a few lighter swaps when you are cooking at home! Mazola® cooking oil is made of 100% pure oil with no additives, so the great flavor of your food comes through. These sheet pan beef fajitas are so full of flavor and take little to no effort to get a lighter dinner option on the table with absolutely zero guilt! You are going to love making this recipe over and over again!
- 1 Lb. Flank Steak
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tbsp. Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Mexican Oregano
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- In a plastic zipper bag combine lime juice, chili powder, cumin powder, mexican oregano, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Add flank steak to the marinade and let sit for at least thirty minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice mushrooms, peppers, and onion in thin strips and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet, careful not to crowd the pan.
- After meat has marinaded, slice it in thin strips against the grain and add them to the pan.
- Drizzle the flank steak and vegetables with Mazola® Corn Oil and using your hands, toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the rest of the salt and pepper over top of the steak and vegetables and bake for 12-15 minutes until meat is cooked to your desired doneness and vegetables are tender.
- To serve place steak and lots of vegetables into a whole wheat tortilla and top with salsa, avocado, greek yogurt, and cilantro.
- Serve immediatley.
Do yourself a favor and run out and grab your own bottle of Mazola Corn Oil available nationwide!