Currently I am about to watch This is Us and I know I have to get this post written before hand because if I try to watch it while I write this post, my computer keyboard will be covered in tears. Can anyone else relate? What is it about that show? One minute you are laughing, the next...a puddle full of tears. I love it though, I am not going to lie. But the real reason you are here is not to hear me go on about how emotional I get while watching a TV show, but it's because you are looking for a quick, easy, and healthy dinner to feed your family this week am I right? Okay, okay...I hear you and I've got the perfect dinner for any night of the week! My 30-Minute Shrimp Curry is one of my go-to weekly dinners, is full of flavor, and couldn't be any easier to prepare!
I actually don't know why it took me this long to get this bad boy recipe up on the blog. Actually..I think I do. It's because every time I make it, it's usually a night where I need to whip up something fast and usually never think to take pictures because we all inhale our bowls so quickly. (Even Parks cleans his plate every time!) It's a great one to meal prep for because you can chop all of your veggies at the beginning of the week or the morning of and it will make this dish an even quicker, making it ideal for any crazy or hectic weekday!
I know I have said it like three times already, but this dish really is ridiculously easy! You can turn it into a chicken curry or veggie curry too just by swapping out the ingredients! You can adjust it based upon your family's dietary needs or preferences and it will turn out just as good every single time! This is seriously one of my husband's top five meals to eat...period. And that is saying a lot! Do yourself a favor and head out to the grocery store today to snag all of the ingredients you need to whip up a healthy and delicious meal for you and your family tonight! I am so excited for y'all to give this one a try!
- 1 Lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Can Coconut Milk (full fat is preferred but light works too)
- 2 Finely Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 Serrano or Jalepeno Pepper (seeds removed for less spicy or can omit altogether)
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped small (green or red)
- 4 Sliced Green Onions (white and green part) + extra for garnish
- 1 Tsp. Salt + More to Taste
- 1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Tomatoes
- Cilantro for Topping
- Lime wedges for finishing
- Basmati Rice for serving (can substitute brown rice or cauliflower rice)
- In a large skillet or wok heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add in garlic, ginger, pepper, and green onions and season with 1/2 Tsp. Salt and all of the black pepper.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes until veggies start to get tender.
- While veggies sauté, mix curry powder and water together to make a paste.
- Add this curry paste to the vegetables and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk at this time and stir to combine well. (If curry powder clumps at all, simply whisk until smooth.)
- Add in shrimp and full submerge into the liquid and bring the sauce up to a simmer.
- When shrimp are cooked halfway through, about 3 minutes, add in tomatoes along with the rest of the salt and stir to combine.
- Cook for another 5 minutes until shrimp are cooked completely.
- Serve over basmati rice and garnish with green onions, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice!
That's it guys, pretty easy if I do say so myself! You will love having this quick and easy meal in your back pocket for any night that you are craving a dish that is full of flavor, healthy, and QUICK!