Monday comes at me hard every week no matter how prepared I think I am for it on Sundays! I am always a little slow to get going on Monday, but once I adjust I do love the idea of a fresh start to any week. No matter what you ate over the weekend, or how unorganized you were the week before, Monday is a new day and a new chance to do it better! I love hitting the restart button on Mondays and that usually means I am craving my easy and delicious everyday green smoothie!
Parks and I make one of these smoothies everyday after the gym and he looks forward to it just as much as I do! It is filled with a ton of spinach, healthy omega's, fiber, protein, healthy fats, and probiotics! It gives my body all that it needs to replenish itself from my morning workout and always helps me to stay energized throughout the day.
Smoothies are great way to get the good stuff into your kiddos too, which is why I wrote a whole chapter on smoothies in my cookbook, First Bites! Kids can help you make them and get excited about eating vegetables and fruit! I love knowing that even on days where Parks doesn't eat as great for me, that as long as he has had a smoothie, then he got some serious nutrition!
I love all kinds of smoothies don't get me wrong, but this everyday green smoothie has become my favorite and I have a hard time making any other varieties! I just love that the base for this one is spinach and that the fruit content is relatively low compared to a lot of smoothies out there! Making smoothies at home is such a great way to control the ingredients that you are drinking and is a great way to ensure your body gets what it needs to stay strong and healthy!
Give this smoothie a try this week and let me know what you think!
- 2-3 Cups of Spinach (sounds like a lot I know but I pack as much as I can until the blender is full!)
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Dark Cherries (can substitute berries too)
- 1/4 Cup Kefir or Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Water
- 1/4 Tsp. Turmeric
- Crack of Black Pepper (this helps the turmeric absorb in your body)
- 1/2 Tsp. Maca Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Hemp Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter or Nut Butter of Your Choice
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Butter (optional)
- 1 Scoop of Collagen Peptides (can use an unflavored protein powder too)
- 4-6 Ice Cubes
- Combine all ingredients into a high powdered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more coconut water or regular water for consistency if needed.
I can't wait for you guys to give this smoothie a try and see how delicious spinach can truly be!