Let me start this off by saying that yesterday it was 65 degrees and sunny...felt completely like a Spring day...today it's supposed to snow and I'm totally confused by it all! This Texas winter has been the craziest yet! But anyhow, I hope we actually see some snow today because Parks will love it and I will love an excuse to make some hot cocoa and cozy up in my PJ's and not leave the house! The thing with snowy weather is that I always want comfort food, which usually comes in some form of a carb. However, I have really been trying to stay conscious of eating a little bit lighter on the carbs during the week so any kind of recipe that gives me that comfort satisfaction while keeping me on track is a winner in my book! My mini pizza frittatas are just the thing to satisfy my carby comfort food cravings without any guilt!
These mini frittatas are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and I think they would be great for a school lunchbox too! Serve them for breakfast with a side of fruit, for lunch with a side of veggies and hummus, and for dinner you can serve them with a nice green salad! I'm telling you that that these little bites taste exactly like pizza without the crust and you are going to love them!
I always like making mini frittatas at the beginning of the week because you can keep them in the fridge to easily heat up for days when you don't have time to prepare something from scratch! And with this recipe you can easily add veggies, omit the pepperoni if you want to make it vegetarian...literally anything goes! Your whole family will love these little bites of deliciousness and you will love that they are a healthier option for one of your favorites!
- 6 Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Milk or Cream
- 1/2 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp. Dried Basil
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mini Pepperonis
- Marinara Sauce for Dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, spices, and 3/4 of the cheese until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased muffin tin and fill about 1/2 full.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then top with another sprinkle of cheese and a few more pepperonis.
- Bake for another 2 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve immediatley with marinara sauce or store in the fridge for up to a week.
I can't wait for you to try these out for yourself, but I'm telling you that you are going to love having these ready to go when your pizza craving hits!