School has started back for most, and while that should signal fall is around the corner, the weather is telling us something completely different. It's hot outside, smoldering actually, and a cool treat should be mandatory for kids and adults alike since the heat has decided it wants to stick around! I am not even sure I can consider this a recipe actually...it's maybe the easiest thing I've ever posted on here, but I couldn't not share with you. It requires little to no effort, and you are going to love these two-ingredient "ice cream" sandwiches!
Back in the day I was on Weight Watchers to lose a few lb's and this treat was one of my go-to saviors that kept my spoon out of the ice cream gallon. I had completely forgotten about them honestly because it can sometimes be hard to find chocolate graham crackers, and then the other day I was in Target and bam...there they were staring at me in the face. I immediately grabbed a box and headed to the freezer aisle to grab some cool whip. I came home and whipped up a batch and I have to tell you these are soooo good guys. They have less fat and calories than an ice cream sandwich, but are every bit as satisfying.
Y'all know my sweet tooth is a force to be reckoned with and so I am always on the lookout for ways to satisfy it without having to feel guilty about it. Well here it is guys, the faux ice cream sandwich. Now get in your car and go find some chocolate graham crackers and make these for your kids...or don't and just hide them in the freezer from every one else in the house. I won't tell.
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Cool Whip (You can make your own whip cream obviously, but then you are adding more fat back in, but they would be even more delicious no doubt.)
*Optional: Add Fresh Berries
- Layer about 2 tbsp of cool whip (or more if you so desire) on one graham cracker and then top with another graham cracker to create the sandwich.
- Feel free to layer strawberries inside for a slightly fancier version.
- Layer on wax paper in a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours. Will keep in freezer for two weeks.
Annnndddd.....that's it. I told you, hardly even a recipe really. But nevertheless, they are delicious and should be shared with the world. Enjoy!