I'm finally back in the kitchen after three weeks of travel! It feels so good to be cooking in my space and to be eating the way I like to eat again. I needed last week to get back into the swing of things and switch my brain from all things baby back to recipe developing mode. Thanks for being so patient with me and allowing me a couple of weeks break from my culinary creations. This week I'm back with a bang and made for you an amazing burger! Summer isn't over yet, and my roasted poblano pork burgers are going to be your new favorite burger to make at home.
I have already confessed to you that throughout this pregnancy cheeseburgers have been my number one food craving. They were with me from the beginning and have stuck close by my side ever since. And while at first I wanted a no frills, traditional beef burger with cheese with maybe some ketchup and onion, these days my tastes have advanced a little and I have gotten more adventurous with what satisfies my cheeseburger wanting tastebuds.
Pork burgers happen to be one of my favorite burgers to eat. They are moist, full of flavor, and can be a great base for any flavor combinations that you might want to try. For this particular burger, I roasted poblano peppers until they were nice and charred and topped the pork burger with gooey havarti cheese and the delicious roasted poblano. These peppers are not that spicy guys if you are worried about that, they are simply full of great pepper flavor and when roasted become even yummier!
Fire up that grill people, you gotta make these burgers this week!
- 1 Lb. Ground Pork
- 2 Poblano Peppers
- Havarti Cheese (enough to cover each burger, about 3-4 oz)
- 1/4 Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- English Muffins
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Drizzle peppers with olive oil, and roast for 30 minutes until peppers are charred and wrinkled, turning one time.
- Place in large bowl and cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil until cool, about 20 minutes. Peel off blackened skin to expose tender flesh underneath. Slice in half and remove stems and seeds. Set aside.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium/medium high heat.
- Mix together ground pork, salt and pepper, and cumin in a bowl and form 3-4 patties depending on how thick you like your burger.
- Grill on each side for 6-7 minutes until pork is cooked through.
- The last 2 minutes place cheese on top of each burger and close the grill lid to fully melt the cheese.
- Place english muffins on the grill for a minute or two on each side to toast before serving.
- To assemble, place pork burger on the bottom of the english muffin, sliced red onion, and then half of the poblano pepper on top.
- Serve immediately.
I hope you will enjoy these burgers as much as I do! Happy grilling!