I have a confession, I am not really back into the kitchen yet. This recipe was one I made and shot before giving birth that I had planned on blogging before I went into labor. And I'm so glad I had it on the back burner to have ready to go post baby because last night was my first night back in the kitchen in over a month! Easy dinners are an absolute essential for me right now, especially because Canean has been having to do some of the cooking while I have been in recovery/new baby mode! My spinach, sun-dried tomato, and goat cheese stuffed sweet potatoes are the perfect easy dinner or side and happen to be packed full of nutrients and can be ready without breaking a sweat.
Fall dishes don't have to be heavy, they can be fresh, colorful, and something that you feel good about eating. These sweet potatoes are perfect for the season. They are warm and filling, while being completely good for you at the same time!
Do yourself a favor and put these on the menu for one of your weeknight meals! Your whole family will love them, kids included!
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 5 Cups of Fresh Spinach, washed thoroughly
- 1/4 Cup of Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1 White or Yellow Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup of Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and pierce sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake for approximately an hour or until potatoes are soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for a couple of minutes until onions start to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in spinach half at a time until it's all wilted and season with another sprinkle of salt.
- Once spinach has wilted, add in sun-dried tomatoes and warm through.
- Once potatoes are tender, cut down the middle and stuff with the spinach and sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Finish with crumbled goat cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.
You could definitely make the filling ahead of time to make for an even easier weeknight meal! These stuffed sweet potatoes are so pretty, I am thinking that they might need to be a part of one of my holiday dinners.