You guys, this whole trying to get things done thing with a newborn is way harder than I anticipated. I had big plans on being back fully into blogging mode and thought I would be back to whipping up recipes in the kitchen by now. I am back making simple dinners for us in the kitchen and am managing to get a little work done here and there, but am by no means back to my regular schedule just yet. Luckily I had another recipe ready to go that I photographed pre-baby! My almond crusted chicken is super healthy, easy, and just the kind of recipe that I have been making the past couple of weeks.
We are by no means a gluten free household, however there are times that I like to fix an entire meal that is gluten free simply to cut back on carbs here and there. This chicken is the perfect recipe for Canean and I because we love our carbs and crispy fried chicken. This recipe gives us all the satisfaction of both while providing our bodies with good for you ingredients!
No guilt with this chicken!
I like to serve it simple, over some mixed greens or with a side of veggies. Your whole family will love this new take on chicken, because let's be honest, we all need a few new chicken recipes in our life. If you are like me, I end up making the same grilled chicken breasts or roasted chicken time and time again. This almond crusted chicken has slowly but surely made it's way into that rotation because it's that easy and good!
I can't wait for you to try this one out for yourselves!
- 4 Chicken Cutlets
- 1/2 Cup of Raw Almonds
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4-1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
- Juice from One Lemon
- Tsp. Kosher Salt
- Tsp. Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine almonds, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a food processor or blender and combine until paste like. Start with 1/4 Cup of Olive oil and add more until paste has formed.
- Sprinkle chicken cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Coat the chicken with the almond mixture.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Switch oven to broil the last couple of minutes to further brown the crust if not crispy enough.
- Serve immediately.