The time has come people...the time where your breakfast world gets rocked...for the better of course! When I say this toast is the bomb diggity ricotta breakfast toast, I am not exaggerating...or maybe I am, but I don't think I am. I think you will agree with me after you try it out.
It's creamy, sweet, savory, sweet again and then spicy all at the same time in every bite! It is THE perfect breakfast combo in my book! The textures are there, the flavor is there, and honestly you could switch it up with any of your favorite fruits and herbs!
My favorite combo happens to be with thyme and berries. Oh man, it's so good AND...AND it's HEALTHY!! That's right it's super healthy and a great way to start off your day. It's a great balance of healthy carbs and protein to keep you full until lunch!
It's a quick fix in the morning, so you can whip it up in no time and make it to the office on time. No one has extra time in the morning to be fixing up some elaborate breakfast, now do we? I didn't think so.
Do yourselves a favor...try this out...fall in love...and then let's chat about our new found obsession together!
- Whole Wheat/Grain Toast (good quality here people, think seeds, grains, hearty, no artificial hooha)
- 1 Tbsp. Whole Milk or Light Ricotta Cheese (I wouldn't go no fat here)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tsp. Raw Honey
- A Few Cracks of Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup of Raspberries or Blackberries or a mixture (feel free to swap the berries for pears, peaches, blueberries, or whatever you favorite fruits are)
- A Sprinkle of Fresh Thyme Leaves (or if you are switching fruits here you might want to use basil or rosemary perhaps...get crazy with it)
-Mix together your ricotta cheese, Greek yogurt, and black pepper in a bowl. And guys feel free to double or triple the recipe to make ahead so all you have to do is spread it on your toast the morning of. Genius...I know.
-Toast your bread, I usually only have one slice, but my husband has two. So if you are going to have two you might need a little more of the ricotta cheese mixture. No biggie.
-Spread a thick layer of the ricotta mixture on your toast, drizzle with your honey, top with your berries, and sprinkle thyme over the top!
Don't you want a bite?
I know you do. And by the way this would totally work as an afternoon snack as well!
After you find yourself jumping out of bed and doing the little ricotta toast happy dance I was telling you about the other day, don't say I didn't warn you!
You are going to need to start your day off right with the ultimate bomb diggity ricotta breakfast toast! I pinky promise you will love it!