Y'all...I don't know how it is possible, but next week is July 4th and suddenly I feel like this year is passing by at an alarmingly fast speed! But regardless how I feel about that, the fourth is coming, ready or not, and that means it's time to get out your grills! I love switching up my normal burger routine in the summertime and incorporating some of my favorite seasonal ingredients to make an extra special burger! My sweet and spicy bourbon peach chutney pork burgers are so full of flavor and are the perfect recipe to make for all of your summertime grilling festivities!
As you know by now, I am all about using peaches in savory and sweet dishes and a chutney is one of those condiments that peaches work so well in! I love the combo here of grilled pork burgers topped with a spicy and sweet peach chutney that has layers of flavors in it! This peach chutney is made with jalapeno, bourbon, brown sugar, and thyme creating a jam packed flavor bomb for topping any sort of grilled meat! This chutney would also be delicious served on a cheese or charcuterie board for a dynamite snack plate or appetizer!
I crave a good burger on the regular, and find that I rarely eat one out at a restaurant that tastes better than one I can make at home myself! If you love burgers as much as I do, then it's time to switch things up and make yourself my sweet and spicy bourbon peach chutney pork burgers! If you aren't a pork fan, feel free to switch things up with ground turkey or chicken here too! Both would be equally as delicious!
For another delicious burger recipe, try my Harissa Chicken Burgers!
- 1 Lb. Ground Pork
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 Slices of Havarti Cheese
For the Chutney-
- 1 1/2 Cups of Diced Fresh Peaches (about 2 large peaches)
- 1/2 Finely Chopped Jalepeno (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp. Bourbon
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 2 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Water (if needed for consistency)
- Combine pork, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl and using your hands, combine all ingredients.
- Form pork burgers into 4 burger patties.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 400 degrees. You can also do these burgers in a skillet or on a grill pan inside if you do not have a grill.
- In a saucepan add olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, jalepeno, peaches, thyme, salt and pepper and sauté for 3-5 minutes until ingredients soften slightly.
- At this time add in bourbon, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Cook the chutney down for 5-10 more minutes until thickened, at this time add water if needed and discard thyme stems.
- Leave chutney chunky or use an immersion blender to blend the chutney slightly before serving.
- While the chutney cooks down, grill the pork burgers on each side for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
- For the last minute of cooking, top with havarti cheese and let it just melt.
- To serve layer a hamburger bun with chutney, spinach, red onion, and the cheeseburger. Serve immediately.
These burgers are so full of flavor and they would be so perfect to serve up to all of your guests for any summertime get together!