I told myself I wouldn't bombard you with strawberry recipes after I made about a bajillion things with all of those fresh strawberries we picked two weekends ago, but....this strawberry bread is kind of epic and needed to be shared with you sooner than later. And I know a few of you who follow me on Instagram have actually been patiently waiting for this bread to hit your inbox! In two weeks, I have made two loaves of this bread and have eaten a piece almost every afternoon since then! My whole wheat strawberry bread is going to be your new favorite easy breakfast or afternoon snack guaranteed and I can't wait for you to try it!
I love a good banana bread and I actually turned my traditional recipe into this strawberry bread and then also "healthified" it at the same time! This recipe has no refined sugars, 100% whole wheat flour, and nothing bad for you mixed in!
This is a great recipe for kids too, especially for lunch boxes, easy breakfasts on the go, or an after school snack! Your whole family is going to love it so much that you should probably just double the recipe and make two at a time! I'm telling you, it's just that good.
I might be addicted in fact.
Like clock work, I cannot wait for 2 or 3 o'clock to roll around so I can justify the need for a piece of this bread slathered with almond butter to top off the deliciousness (and for some added protein!) This bread is so moist (I know some of you are cringing at that word, but honestly it's the word that needs to be used here) and the berries add just the right amount of sweetness in each bite.
Just go ahead and go to the store, or the farmer's market, or your local strawberry patch...wherever, and get yourself some strawberries ASAP! Then make yourself a couple loaves of my whole wheat strawberry bread and fall in love.
But seriously though..you ARE going to fall in love.
If you are loving the idea of this recipe, you might also want to bake up a batch of my Oatmeal Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins too!
- 1 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour + 1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Mashed Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour (reserving 1 tbsp.), baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl combine bananas, eggs, vanilla, yogurt, oil, and buttermilk and whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in coconut sugar into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Fold together wet and dry ingredients until combined thoroughly.
- In a small bowl toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon of flour until coated.
- Fold the strawberries into the batter until incorporated.
- Pour into a parchment lined bread pan or a well greased one.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
Note: Can use frozen strawberries too, simply defrost and strain any excess liquid. Can also store in fridge to keep fresh longer (if it lasts that long).
My mouth is watering just talking about this bread with y'all. Seriously my new favorite baking project, so go ahead and pin this recipe because you will want to save it forever! Yay for strawberry season!