This weekend just flew right on by for me. I mean I guess it always does, but this weekend in particular was extra fast despite the dreary weather that has become normal around here. (Which, PS is totally not like normal Texas weather!) I also can't believe that it is almost Valentine's Day already this week! We aren't too big on celebrating Valentine's Day, and usually just stay in and cook dinner at home! I do like to make a few treats around this time of year and if I can make them healthy in the midst of all of the sugar options that are bring thrown in our face, then even better! My gluten free cherry coconut protein bites are the perfect healthy last minute Valentine's treat to make!
I love this whole new world of energy balls. They are really genius because you can get super creative with flavors and they really are packed with a lot of nutrition per bite! I usually keep at least one flavor handy in my fridge at all times! My cherry coconut protein bites are packed with protein, healthy fats, and have just enough sweetness to cure your sugar craving without any guilt!
This recipe is kid-friendly too and make a perfect lunch box addition for a healthier Valentine's treat option this week! When I was making up this batch Parks was eating them as fast as I was rolling the balls out. He was supposed to be helping me, because this is a great recipe to get kids in the kitchen with you, but he decided taking a nibble was way more fun! He calls them cookies, which is fine by me if he wants to believe these healthy treats are a cookie! (#momwin right?)
Make up a batch of these protein bites to keep in the refrigerator or the freezer to have all week long when you get that hangry feeling in the afternoon or you are wanting a little sweet bite after any meal! You are going to love having these pretty pink bites ready to go to help keep you on track all week long!
If you are loving this idea, then you might also be interested in a few of my other favorite recipes to keep on hand for healthy snacking!
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Scoop Unflavored Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Pitted Frozen or Fresh Cherries
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Date Syrup or Honey
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil + 1 Tsp.
- 1/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Combine coconut flour, shredded coconut, protein powder, cherries, vanilla, date syrup, and 1/4 cup coconut oil into a food processor and process until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix white chocolate chips with 1 tsp. of coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the cherry coconut energy bites and place into the freezer for thirty minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or the freezer for up to a couple of weeks.
Aren't they the prettiest shade of pink? So perfect for Valentine's Day this week and the best part is, you can eat them and feel good about it!