Just like that it's Monday again guys! How was your weekend? My sister-in-law was in town and so Canean and I got a little "us" time on Saturday and ended up eating out for lunch and dinner and managed to squeeze a nap in between the two! It was heavenly! Yesterday we had a pretty low key Sunday and it seems like the day just disappeared like it always does meaning that the weekend came to a close too fast. I have always been one to stay up late on Sundays because I don't want Monday to come, which is silly really because it's not like Mondays are all that bad ya know. I mean sometimes they are, but really I think we make them worse in our head then they really are. Anyhoo, I have an easy egg free mint chocolate chip ice cream that is just perfect for curing those Monday blues and you are going to love me forever for it!
I love ice cream more than any other food...ever. Like I would pass up dinner to get a scoop of ice cream, so making it at home was something I fell in love with many years ago! I have seen the light however and found a way to bypass the whole tempering of the egg thing, which tends to freak people out, and simplify the base of the ice cream to where anyone can do it with confidence!
Honestly every time I make my own ice cream I wonder why I ever waste money on buying it in the store because it isn't hard to make and there are SO few ingredients when you make it in your own kitchen which I love! My mint chocolate chip ice cream is made with real mint, no extract here and has the most delicate yet intense mint flavor you've ever tasted! It is simply the perfect balance for any ice cream to have!
If you make nothing else on my site, which I know you will make more because you love me, BUT if you don't then just make this ice cream...okay?
- 2 Cups of Whole Milk
- 2 Cups of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/2 Cup of Mini Dark Chocolate chips or Chopped Chocolate (I like dark here, but you can use whatever chocolate is your favorite!)
- Heat milk, sugar, and mint leaves in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Be careful to not let the milk boil.
- Turn off the heat and let the mint leaves continue to steep for another 10 minutes after the sugar is dissolved.
- In a large bowl combine the heavy cream with the mint, sugar, and milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Chill for at least two hours but up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place the chilled ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions from according to whatever kind of ice cream maker you have.
- When the ice cream is almost to the consistency you want it, after about 25-20 minutes of churning, slowly add in the chocolate until well distributed.
- Serve immediately as soft serve or scoop out the ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least four hours or up to overnight.
Note: Homemade ice cream is best eaten within two days of making it...if it lasts that long! :)
Clearly it's kiddo approved!
If that baby belly covered in ice cream doesn't convince you to make this ice cream I don't know what will! BUT I know you are going to absolutely love my easy egg free mint chocolate chip ice cream as much as I do, and here are a few more ice cream recipes I know you will want to make too! Homemade Cherry Nutella Ice Cream Roasted Fig Scracciatella Ice Cream and my Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake "Nice Cream" are just a few of my favorite summertime ice cream recipes!