Happy Monday guys! My mom has been in town for the past week and leaves today which is always so bittersweet for me! Even though I hate to see her go, before that I was out of town for a few days so needless to say my schedule and diet have been all over the place! I am looking forward to getting back into a routine this week and getting back on track with our meals! One of my favorite ways to do this is by having nourish bowls for dinner or lunch! I love knowing that every bowl is packed with nutrition that will give me energy, keep me full, and satisfied! My healthy autumn nourish bowls are just the kind of meal that I need to get my body back on track!
Speaking of autumn, it has most definitely not felt like fall around here! But.....waking up this morning to 60 degree temps, after coming out of a super hot weekend with 90+ temperatures, you could say I am a little bit excited! It is still going to be in the 80's later today, but I will take cooler mornings and nights any day of the week!
Some of my favorite things happen during this time of year. New foods that come in season, pumpkin everything, and breaking out my boots are just a few! Over the weekend we went to the pumpkin patch where Parks had a blast at! It could have been Disneyworld for all he knew and he talked about the "PP Patch" the rest of the day! It was too cute!
In my new cookbook First Bites, there is a recipe for roasted root vegetables with a tahini dipping sauce that happens to be a family favorite around here and was the inspiration behind these autumn nourish bowls! I switched up the spices and added a little maple to the tahini sauce making these roasted veggies everything that you love about fall!
I love roasting a bunch of vegetables at the beginning of the week and then having them to throw into bowls for fast and healthy meals that will keep me on track! If you love a good bowl packed with everything but the kitchen sink, then you are going to love this seasonal take too! Not to mention the colors in this nourish bowl are absolutely gorgeous!
- 2 Peeled and Chopped Beets
- 1 Cup Peeled and Chopped Butternut Squash
- 3 Chopped and Peeled Parsnips
- 2 Chopped and Peeled Carrots
- 3 Tbsp. Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Cups Cooked Farro (quinoa works here too)
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- Fried or Soft Boiled Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Pepita Seeds
For the Maple Tahini Dressing-
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Warm Water (about 1/8 cup)
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place chopped veggies on top.
- Toss with coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and spread into an even layer.
- Roast vegetables for 35-45 minutes until tender and golden.
- While the vegetables roast, mix together tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, and salt in a bowl. Whisk in warm water starting with 1/8 cup until tahini sauce has thinned to the consistency of a dressing. Add more warm water if needed.
- Layer 1 cup farro, 1 cup spinach, and some of the vegetables into a deep bowl and top with an egg.
- Drizzle the maple tahini dressing over top and sprinkle with pepita seeds.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: Veggies can be prepped in advance and can be substituted for any of your favorite fall root vegetables.
These bowls are warm and hearty and are packed full of good stuff to fuel your body and keep it going any day of the week! I can't wait for you to give it a try!