Grilling is my jam guys. I will grill in the cold, in the rain, in the extreme heat, whatever...I love it. I love the smokey flavor that comes from grilling and when we are currently in the heat of summer, who wants to turn on an oven? Because of that, salads are on rotation in our house right now and this Sriracha honey glazed grilled shrimp salad is one we have been having over and over!
A salad has gotta have good texture and tons of flavor in my book in order to be considered really great! This particular salad is spicy, sweet, crunchy, and is the perfect balance of Asian flavors combiend in one big healthy bowl! The grilled shrimp add just the right amount of heat and smokiness to balance out the crisp veggies and yummy vinaigrette. You guys are going to love this dish and I can't wait for you to give it a try!
What are you waiting for? Fire up the grill and have my Sriracha honey glazed grilled shrimp salad this week!
- 1 Lb. Large Shrimp (Peeled and Deveined)
- 1/4 Cup of Sriracha Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- Nonstick Spray
- 2 Cups of Romaine Lettuce, Sliced Thinly
- 2 Cups of Cabbage, Sliced Thinly (I used Napa, but any variety will be fine)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Seeds Removed and Sliced Thinly
- 2 Large Carrots, Shaved in Ribbons or Shredded
- 1 Cup of Snow Peas, Sliced Thinly
- 2 Green Onions, Sliced Thinly
- 2 Tbsp. Black or Regular Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tsp. Sesame Oil
(This recipe serves 2)
- Make dressing by combining soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, minced garlic, and sesame oil in a small bowl and whisk until flavors combine. Set aside.
- Preheat grill (can also use an indoor grill pan or cast iron skillet) to medium high heat, about 400 degrees.
- Mix together the Sriracha sauce and the honey and set aside in a small bowl.
- Skewer shrimp (optional, but makes grilling easier) and season both sides of the shrimp with salt.
- Spray the shrimp with nonstick spray on both sides to prevent sticking to the grill.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and let cook for 3 minutes on the first side.
- Flip the shrimp and grill for an additional 2 minutes.
- Brush the shrimp with the Sriracha honey glaze and let cook for an additional minute. Remove from the grill.
- While the shrimp are cooking, layer your salad in two bowls with lettuce, cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, snow peas, and green onions onto two plates.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and place on top of two salads.
- Drizzle the dressing over top of the salad and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
What is your favorite food to grill? I'm taking notes!