Oh man it's been a week guys. I am so desperately trying to get back into doing multiple recipes each week for My Diary of Us, and if I'm being completely honest, it's been a challenge with my little dude following me around everywhere. Don't get me wrong I love him more than anything, but man he can wear a mama out. I would be lying if I said there weren't days when I await the five o'clock hour to approach so I can have a cocktail and to see daddy walk through the door! My single serving stone fruit sangria is the perfect cocktail to whip up any night of the week and now you don't have to make a pitcher of it to enjoy one of your summertime favorites!
Also can we talk about how I am going to cry when stone fruit is no longer in season? I have been putting peaches, nectarines, plums, and apricots in salads, on the grill, and they are especially delicious in a cocktail! One of the things that usually keeps me from making sangria during the week is that I have to make a big pitcher and sometimes I just want one glass of it!
Problem solved guys...now you can make one glass of sangria and I promise it will be just as delicious!
- 1/2 of a Peach
- 1/2 of a Plum
- 1/2 of a Apricot
- 1/2 of a Bottle of Chilled White Wine (Preferably Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/8 Cup of Brandy
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
NOTE: This recipes makes two glasses of sangria. Feel free to substitute any of your favorite stone fruit that you have on hand.
- Muddle all of the fruit with mint, sugar, and brandy in a bowl to release the juices from the fruit.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer and divide between two glasses.
- Add ice to two glasses and pour wine over top.
- Garnish with extra fruit wedges and mint leaves and serve immediately.
Cheers to it almost being the weekend guys and to single serving sangria that is going to make you very happy!