It's raining cats and dogs here in Texas and the sun isn't supposed to show it's face to us again until Friday...bummer dude. I am not one of those people who likes rain for more than about a day because I crave sunshine like I crave chocolate. I need it for energy, a good mood booster, and I tend to eat healthier when the sun is shining. When it rains, I want comfort food and to stay in my pajamas all day, if I'm being honest. Recipes like these Indian spiced cauliflower steaks save me when the weather gets dreary because it satisfies my need for comfort food while not derailing my diet.
We love Indian food in our house, and while I'd love to eat it all the time, it can be a bit heavy. One of my favorite lighter dishes happens a cauliflower dish that is perfectly spicy, gingery, and gives me the satisfaction as if I was eating a plate of potatoes. (#winning)
My version is pretty dang close to the real thing and instead of using just the florets, I sliced my cauliflower into steaks! If you are vegetarian, this could totally be your main course, but it also pairs fantastic with a roasted chicken or piece of fish!
This recipe is the perfect weeknight side dish to satisfy all of your carby comfort food cravings, without all the guilt!
- 2 Heads of Cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric
- 1/4 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1.2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice cauliflower heads into 6 steaks. You should get 3 steaks from each head of cauliflower. (Save extra florets to make cauliflower rice or to snack on raw during the week.)
- Make a paste by combining ginger, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, cayenne, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Rub both sides of the steaks with the Indian paste and place onto parchment paper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until steaks are tender and browned on the outside.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.
This recipe is so good guys and I can't wait for you to try it!