It's Thursday and everyone is at your house hovering around you waiting for the meal to be ready. You are starting to sweat, no doubt from the oven being on since 4am and now because people are breathing down your neck. Sound familiar? Well I have the solution this year, you are going to make my curry pumpkin hummus and serve it up as the perfect appetizer to fill everyone's belly just enough to buy you a few extra minutes of cook time!
I love any excuse to use pumpkin around this time of year and I also have an infatuation with curry anything! Bringing the two flavors together in this super flavorful new take on hummus makes me so happy. You are going to love how easy this appetizer is to make as well as how yummy it tastes too!
Your guests are going to be super impressed with this hummus that happens to be the ultimate Thanksgiving dip! On top of that you can make it the day before leaving you stress free on Turkey Day!
- 1, 15 oz. Can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15 Oz. Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tsp. Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Diced Onion
- 1" Piece of Chopped and Peeled Ginger
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- Cilantro for topping (optional)
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Add the onion, ginger, and garlic to the oil and sauté for 2-3 minutes until onions become tender.
- Add the curry powder to the onion mixture and cook for another 2 minutes and turn off the heat and set aside.
- While the onions, ginger, and garlic cook remove the chickpea skins. This is an optional step, but creates a smoother and creamier hummus.
- Add the chickpeas, pumpkin puree, curry onion mixture, tahini, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a food processor or high powdered blender and process until smooth and creamy. (add more oil or a little water if you need to for texture)
- Serve the hummus immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Hummus can be served with pitas, crackers, or vegetables of your choice.
Have a fabulous, delicious, and stress-free Thanksgiving with all the people that you love!! Xo