Last year I partnered with the talented ladies of Five Seasons Cooking to photograph and style their delicious recipes for their debut cookbook! After long hours and lots of hard work, Five Seasons: A Guide to Seasonal Cooking was released on September 18th! The result is a gorgeous, coffee tale worthy book filled with amazing recipes inside.
The book is broken down by season using all seasonal and fresh ingredients that you can find at your local market or grocer throughout the year. The recipes are easy to follow, and I have no doubt that it will become one of your new favorite kitchen essentials! Being there to photograph the food, I can attest to the fact that everything in this book tastes amazing. I literally tasted almost every recipe and love them all!
I whipped up one of my favorite recipes from the Autumn section in the book, the Warm Cauliflower Salad! Cauliflower, especially when roasted, is one of my favorite vegetables in Autumn so I was super excited to try this recipe out! With warm spices such as cinnamon, cumin, and coriander mixed with sweet raisins and caramelized onions, this salad is one of my new favorite side dishes for fall!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, Cut Into 1-inch Florets
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Salt, Divided
- 1 3/4 Ounces Pine Nuts (about 6 tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Cut in Half and Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1/3 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Brandy
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Toss cauliflower forets in olive oil and 1 tsp. of salt. Place on baking sheet and roast for 9 to 11 minutes. Set aside until needed.
- In small saute pan over medium-low heat, cook pine nuts until toasted, stirring frequently, approximately 2-4 minutes.
- Melt butter in deep skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion, remaining 1/2 tsp. of salt, cinnamon, cumin, and coriander, and cook until caramelized, approximately 20 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add raisins, and saute for 3 minutes. Add brandy to deglaze the pan and cook until almost evaporated, approximately 1 minute. Remove from heat and fold in cauliflower and pine nuts.
I'm so excited to be able to give away one copy of this gorgeous cookbook today right here on the blog! All you have to do in enter below in the box and follow the steps. Make sure to follow @mydiaryofus and @fiveseasonscooking on Instagram as well as leave a comment here on the blog letting me know what your favorite season to cook in is and why! The winner will be announced Sunday! Happy cooking!
(Giveaway closed, Congrats to our winnter, Sarah Walding from Louisiana! Thanks to everyone who entered and be sure to grab your own copy of the cookbook through the link below!)
Order a copy of the cookbook for $39.95 here.