Lately if my fridge isn't stocked with go to healthy options, you can find me eating whatever is in reach and that is not a good situation! I don't have the patience to fix something, or to think about what I want, so prepping my food in advance has been key during this pregnancy! Honestly it's a great practice to get in the habit of even if you aren't pregnant, especially if you are trying to stick to a healthy eating plan! My recipe for granola banana pops are perfect to keep in your freezer for on the go breakfasts and afternoon pick me ups that you can feel good about eating!
I feel like I've been seeing frozen bananas in recipes everywhere right now. You can make ice cream with them, freeze them for your smoothies, and now you can add making healthy banana pops to the list! If you are someone who always finds them self not eating breakfast on the regular, chances are it's because you don't have time right? I got news for ya people, and it's probably not the first time you've heard it...breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I literally couldn't function without it!
It sets your metabolism for the day, gets your brain working, and stabilizes your blood sugar so that you can stay on track all day! These frozen banana pops are a combo of nutella or natural peanut butter, a little honey, and granola and are the perfect jump start to your day!
I love the Nutella ones as an afternoon pick me up, and they also help satisfy my sweet tooth without having to go over board! The peanut butter ones are great before or after a workout for a great total body recovery since they have a little bit of everything you need to replenish!
Whether you are planning on eating these banana pops morning, afternoon, or for a bedtime snack, you guys have to make these pops! They are so yummy and easy to make and your kids will love them too!
- 3 Bananas, cut in half
- 3 Tbsp. Nutella or Natural Peanut Butter (or both if you are like me so you can make some of each)
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 6 Tbsp. of Granola (I used my homemade almond granola)
- Popsicle Sticks
- Cut your bananas in half.
- If using peanut butter, add 1 tbsp. of honey to the peanut butter and mix well.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of Nutella or Peanut Butter on each banana about halfway down.
- Roll your coated banana in granola until the Nutella and Peanut Butter are covered.
- Freeze on a baking sheet at least 1 hour before eating. To store, keep in a ziploc bag or freezer safe container for up to two weeks.
You can make as many or as little as you want, but one things for sure you are going to love this simple recipe!