Have you ever met anyone that doesn't like fried chicken? I can't say that I have, and I don't know that I could trust someone who doesn't like fried chicken! It's one of those foods that I rarely eat because it's really not great for you, but when I do...oh man is it worth it! Oddly enough, since becoming pregnant, chicken and I have not been the best of friends. I can't say that I have enjoyed eating chicken at all over the past four months, it just doesn't taste good to me. Well it didn't, until the other night when I made my oven "fried" chicken! Guys, what a game changer for this pregnant lady! And you want to know the best part? I promise you that it's super easy and you won't miss the traditional deep fried version at all!
I wouldn't lie to you. Number one I am pregnant, so I take food even more seriously right now, and number two, it's 100% hubby approved! Trust me on this recipe! When you feel yourself entering into your weeknight dinner recipe slump, throw this one into the mix and see how your family reacts! I am willing to bet this will become a new favorite in your house!
If for some reason you still need another reason to make this chicken at some point this week, let me let you in on a secret...it's healthy! That's right, not only is it easier in the clean up department than frying your chicken, but by baking your chicken you cut the fat wayyyyy down! Guilt free fried chicken?? Sign me up.
We might be having oven fried chicken in our house every week until I deliver (or until I decide I like grilled chicken again) and I gotta tell you that would be fine by me! It's really that good.
- 1 Whole Chicken, cut into 2 thighs, 2 breasts, 2 wings, and 2 legs (skins removed)
- 4 Cups of Corn Flakes
- 1/2 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Kosher Salt
- Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large ziploc bag combine your corn flakes, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder and combine crushing your corn flakes at the same time.
- Cut your chicken into parts and then remove the skins. You can also have your butcher do this for you! I like using bone in chicken because it stays super moist, but you could use boneless if you preferred.
- Set up your chicken coating station: In a small bowl whisk your eggs, and on a plate place your flour and season it with salt and pepper.
- First dip your chicken into the flour and coat all sides, then take your chicken directly to the beaten eggs to coat. You will then take your piece of chicken and drop it into the ziploc bag of the corn flake mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Continue to repeat the process with all pieces of chicken and place onto a wire rack that is sitting on top of a baking sheet to allow for even cooking. I also like to line my baking sheet with aluminum foil for even easier clean up!
- Once your chicken is on the wire rack, drizzle olive oil over the top to help the chicken brown nicely in the oven.
- Cook for about 45 minutes until all pieces of chicken are cooked through and coating is browned and crispy!
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top before serving and serve immediately!
Promise me that you will make this for dinner one night this week and promise me that you will tell me how you liked it! It's soooo good, I can't wait for you to try it out!