The weather dropped forty degrees from the time we went to bed last night until when we woke up this morning. Whatttttt the whatttt?? Insane, yesterday the promise of Spring was here and just like that, poof...Winter came back to play. The weather has been crazy all over the country and even though we are all pulling our jackets back out today, I've still got Spring on the brain. And what better way to will Winter away than with a refreshing strawberry mojito?
I may be pregnant, (if you didn't see my announcement on social media, this is news to you) but that doesn't mean that I can't still enjoy a good mocktail! And since we are moving at the end of the month I have to get in my cocktail hours with all of my girlfriends before we leave!
This afternoon my friend Sarah is coming over and I'll be whipping her up the real deal strawberry mojito and I'll be omitting the rum for mine. I am sure going to miss our cocktail afternoons where we talk about life and everything in between...
Moving is definitely bittersweet and leaving my people is the hardest part!
But for now, I'm still here so I'm going to take advantage of having my friends close by and what better reason to get together than a good cocktail...or eh, mocktail. We might be sipping on our strawberry mojitos beside a fire, but we will be pretending that it's Springtime and not a drizzly wintry mix.
With strawberries in season right now, I couldn't resist using the red beauties in this week's cocktail and paired with lime and mint, it's the perfect mojito twist for any time of year!
- 4 Strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves
- Juice from 2 Limes (about 1/4 Cup)
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar (add a Tbsp. if your strawberries aren't super sweet)
- 3 Oz. Clear Rum
- Sparkling Water or Soda Water for topping
- Puree your strawberries, mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice together.
- Strain the liquid with a fine mesh strainer into a separate glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine your strained strawberry puree, rum, and a couple of ice cubes and give it a good shake.
- Pour into two cocktail glasses filled with ice.
- Top off glass with soda water or sparkling water and stir.
- Garnish with fresh lime wedges, strawberries, and mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
This cocktail is easy, it will cure those winter blues, and I gotta tell you it's dang good even with no alcohol in it!
Cheers to this hopefully being our last winter spell and the promise of warmer weather and more fruity cocktails to come in the near future!