Hi friends! How was your weekend? The sun came out to play and we took full advantage of it! On Sunday the weather was absolutely perfect...79 degrees and sunny with a breeze. This is the kind of weather I have been waiting for! We walked down to our neighborhood snoball stand, grabbed two dreamsicle snoballs where right next door they boil amazing crawfish, so we grabbed some of those too. We had a picnic on our front porch and ate crawfish and snoballs all barefoot and happy! Today, I'm back on track with healthy recipes now that some of my food aversions have left the building and I'm kicking the morning off right with one of my citrus ginger smoothies!
Citrus season is almost over, and I couldn't be more sad about it. That's why I am getting in a few last recipes using all of my favorite kinds of citrus varieties. My citrus ginger smoothie is packed with good for you ingredients and is a cinch to blend up for a breakfast on the go!
I love to use cara cara, blood, and navel oranges here (you could use whatever variety you have at home) for the perfect sweetness, the ginger adds a spicy nutritional kick, and you end up with a creamy and satisfying breakfast drink!
Hard to believe anything so tasty could be so good for you too, but I promise it's the best of both worlds!
- 1 Cara Cara Orange
- 2 Blood Oranges
- 1 Navel Orange
- 1, 1" Piece of Fresh Ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Cup of 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Milk (full fat or light)
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- About 8 Ice Cubes
- Peel all of your oranges and discard skins.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
* If you have leftover, which you probably will because this recipe really serves two, I like to freeze the leftovers into popsicles to make a delicious afternoon sweet and healthy sweet snack!
This smoothies is a little bit of sunshine in a glass and you are going to love adding it into the mix for a new healthy breakfast or post-workout snack!