In case you have been living under a rock, Valentine's Day is Saturday. And whether you are going out with your girlfriends, or spending it with someone you love, one thing is for sure...you need a great cocktail! That is a non-negotiable for a day filled with all things lovey dovey and chocolate. In my opinion, nothing goes better with chocolate than champagne and strawberries! My strawberry and pomegranate champagne cocktail is the perfect addition to your Valentine's Day plans!
Strawberries are in season here in Louisiana, and I have been eating them like candy. They are so sweet and beautiful I just can't get enough! I actually had no idea strawberries came into season twice until I moved to Louisiana. Which is great for me, because that just means I get to enjoy them more often!
I couldn't resist creating a cocktail with them since they are the perfect Valentine's shade of red, and pairing them with champagne just seemed like the thing to do here! I decided to add pomegranate for an extra deep red color and gorgeousness! The flavor of the strawberries and pomegranate pair so nicely and together they create a tasty puree that transforms your champagne into something fancy, beautiful, and extra special for whomever you might be sharing the day with!
- 6 Strawberries, tops removed
- 1/2 Cup of Pomegranate Juice
- Fresh Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- 1 Bottle of Dry Champagne or Prosecco
- Puree your strawberries and pomegranate juice together until smooth. You can decide if you want to buy pomegranate juice or squeeze it fresh. Either one will work fine!
- Place a spoonful of the puree into the bottom on each champagne glass and then top off with champagne.
- Garnish with a strawberry and pomegranate seeds and serve immediately!
It might be one of the easiest cocktails, but that doesn't mean that it isn't delicious and Valentine's Day worthy! Whoever you are celebrating the day with will love this drink and probably wouldn't be mad at you if you served some dark chocolate on the side. Just sayin'.