Summer is coming to a close, and while I'm beyond ready for a touch of fall weather, I am not ready to give up refreshing cocktails on a hot day. And I might not. This week has been strange because I started my week on Tuesday after getting back in town on Monday and my whole week has been thrown. A great cocktail is always needed on weeks like these and this cucumber mint cocktail with honeysuckle vodka is going to get me through to the weekend.
I have a new obsession with Cathead Vodka's Honeysuckle Vodka. It's perfect to make a light and tasty drink and can be mixed with as few or many ingredients as you like. It's also really good with just club soda and lime. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Sometimes I like to be fancy though.
I am a cucumber in my cocktail kind of girl and thought that the flavor combination would pair nicely with the honeysuckle notes of the vodka. I was right. I also added some fresh mint and lemon juice and the result was a super refreshing drink that I think you are going to love!
I hope you aren't tired of Thirsty Thursdays around here. I love starting my weekend a day early with a yummy cocktail, and I'm pretty sure if we are friends, you do too.
Cucumber. Mint. Lemon. Honeysuckle. Booze. Yes. I'll take two.
- 1/2 Cucumber, Peeled
- 6 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Oz. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
- 3 Oz. Honeysuckle Vodka (Cathead Vodka brand)
- Puree your cucumber with the mint leaves and then strain through a fine mesh strainer to separate the solids from the liquids. Discard the solid bits, you only want the liquid.
- Juice your lemons.
- Combine in a cocktail shaker 2 Oz. of cucumber and mint juice, 2 Oz. of lemon juice, agave nectar, and vodka with some ice and shake until well combined.
- Pour over two glasses filled with ice and garnish with extra cucumber and lemon slices and a sprig of mint.
I won't judge you if you make choose to make one of these for an early happy hour. In fact, I think I'll invite myself over.