I've been buying figs at the farmer's market every week. I can't get enough of their flavor or their beauty. The colors and varieties are just so pretty that I stand there debating about which ones to get...probably making the people behind me in line a little impatient. But oh well, these are very important decisions. After all you have to pick just the right batch of figs to make sexy fig and lemon fizz cocktails!
And when I tell you that these are sexy cocktails, I mean it. They are sexy in every way possible. I'm kinda obsessed with the refreshing, not too sweet taste, and don't get me started on the pink color that you get from the bright flesh insides of the figs!
If I had to drink only one cocktail for the rest of my life (and I still get to have wine) this would probably be my cocktail of choice. It's just everything that a drinkl needs to be...not to mention that they look great in my new West Elm cocktail glasses.
I'm not even going to try to persuade you to make these...they are that good. I'll let the pictures do the talking and you just let me know what time I'm coming over for happy hour.
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 -2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 4 Tbsp of Fresh Fig Puree (1 Cup Fresh Figs, 2 Tbsp Water and blend until smooth)
- 2 Oz. Vodka
- Juice from One Lemon
- 2 Oz. Rosemary Honey Simple Syrup (or more if you like a sweeter drink)
- Club Soda to Top off
- Bring honey, water, and rosemary to a boil and then turn off heat. Chill completely. This mixture will keep in the fridge for a month, so feel free to make extra.
- In a cocktail shaker combine your fig puree, lemon juice, vodka, and simple syrup and shake well.
- Fill two glasses with ice and strain mixture over ice cubes.
- Top off with soda water and garnish with lemon peel, rosemary sprigs, and a fresh fig.
Cheers to the weekend and to sexy cocktails!