You could say I have a burger obsession. Actually I definitely have a burger obsession. I will never pass up an opportunity to taste the best burger in any town where I visit, (I'm just not that kinda girl) and I happen to be pretty good at making my own varieties at home to feed this burger craze of mine. Break away from your normal cheeseburger routine and try out my grilled lamb burgers with homemade tzatziki sauce!
I kind of feel like I should belong to some sort of burger support group because I love them so much. I might need support from those of you who share my passion for a juicy burger that is perfectly messy and beautiful at the same time. Are you with me?
I hope so, because today I'm dishing on one of my favorite burgers to make at home!
Rich and delicious, this lamb burger is going to rock your taste buds in the best way possible. Lamb is seasoned with fresh herbs, grilled to perfection, and topped with delicious homemade tzatziki sauce, feta cheese, and fresh veggies for the perfect added freshness!
If you aren't a fan of lamb, you can swap ground turkey for this recipe and it will be equally as delicious! I can't wait for you guys to try these out at home the next time you want to have a burger night at home!
Y'all...seriously...you gotta try them! Seriously delicious.
- 1 1/2 Lbs. of Ground Lamb
- 1 Tsp. Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 Tsp. Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tsp. Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tsp. Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Whole Wheat Pitas (instead of buns)
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese
- 3/4 Cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1 Large or two small Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Peeled, Seedless (English) Cucumber
- Juice from one Lemon
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh Dill
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix all tzatziki sauce ingredients together into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate at least an hour, but you can make this the night before.
- Slice extra cucumber and red onion into very thin slices. Set aside
- Mix all burger ingredients together and form into patties.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Grill burgers on each side for about 5-6 minutes until they are cooked through. If you prefer, you can leave the lamb slightly pink on the inside.
- For the last couple of minutes, throw your pitas on the grill and warm on each side.
- To serve, cut the top portion of the pita off (just enough to where the burger will slide nicely into the pita, about an inch or so).
- Slather the inside of the pita with tzatziki sauce, layer your veggies, feta cheese and then add burger.
Break away from your normal cheeseburger and give these lamb burgers a try!