It's summer which means that corn is in season, which makes me a very happy girl. Corn on the cob is one of my favorites and I could eat it everyday honestly. I like it boiled, grilled, roasted, sautéed...I don't discriminate. I can get it fresh at the farmer's market right now and it's so sweet and tender (I could eat it right now, for breakfast.) And since I buy a dozen each week, I wanted to turn the flavor up a notch so that I can get away with serving it several times a week! Hello Mexican inspired grilled corn on the cob, get in my belly.
Get ready for your life to be changed. I mean seriously this corn is amazing. It's full of flavor, it's healthy, and it's quick and easy to prepare! The presentation is pretty enough for entertaining, but easy enough for any ole night of the week to serve your family!
The flavors are so fresh and just scream summertime. It's the perfect side for BBQ, burgers, fish, or chicken...or you can eat leftovers for breakfast...I won't judge.
- Corn on the Cob (husks on)
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Cojita or Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
- Zest of Two Limes (plus slices for garnish and finishing)
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Gently pull the husks back away from the corn and remove the silks. Fold husks back up around the corn and then soak in water for at least thirty minutes.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Grill corn on each side for about 15 minutes total rotating every 5 minutes. The husks will get a little charred, which is fine. They will protect the corn and keep it really moist and full of flavor.
- While your corn is grilling, mix together your cheese, chili powder, lime zest, cilantro, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Melt your butter.
- When corn has finished cooking, remove from grill and let cool slightly.
- Peel your husks back, tie your husks in the back with a little bit of kitchen twine, and brush melted butter over each corn.
- Sprinkle each corn with the cheese mixture pressing slightly to get it to stick while the butter is still wet.
- Sprinkle with a little more cilantro for garnish and squeeze a little fresh lime juice over top.
- Eat to your heart's content!
Is your mouth watering yet?
So there it is guys...the corn that will change your life. Don't be afraid to get messy with it, just get in there and do work. This is no time to have manners, your guests will thank you.
And hey if you want some spice add a little cayenne into the mix or slice some fresh jalapenos on top...I wouldn't be mad at ya!
I am into this fancy corn business. I see some serious recipe testing in my future...